Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2017, 07:37 PM

210 posts, read 425,851 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am planning to go fishing this weekend, and I need help finding a good spot.

I am looking for a place on the banks where I could probably bring a chair. I prefer fishing on a river instead of a lake.

Do you know of any specific place you could tell me about?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 10:26 AM

2,110 posts, read 2,723,610 times
I'd say Jordan Lake since it's really two rivers that were flooded to create the lake.
I always fish the Haw River side myself. You could park at any boat ramp and walk
beside the lake until you find a spot you like. Good luck!

Old 04-06-2017, 01:26 PM

533 posts, read 1,198,373 times
I have started to see a lot of people over at Penny's Bend on the Eno River. It usually gets busy there in the spring during the white bass run.

It has a super small parking lot, so most folks park on the grass and walk down the bank to the river it seems.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:47 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
you have a license, or you're only going to use live bait?

I don't know where or if fish from the Neuse are considered safe to eat. Certainly not on any of the feeder creeks through Crabtree Creek.

I don't know what fishing is like on the Haw River at Highway 64, or the Deep River this side of Sanford on US1.

Those are the ones I can think of within 30 minutes except for the Eno.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by builder24car View Post
I'd say Jordan Lake since it's really two rivers that were flooded to create the lake.
I always fish the Haw River side myself. You could park at any boat ramp and walk
beside the lake until you find a spot you like. Good luck!
Thanks - Jordan Lake is where I was planning to go if I couldn't find anywhere else. I have never been to the Haw River. Anywhere specifically you could point me to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea1107 View Post
I have started to see a lot of people over at Penny's Bend on the Eno River. It usually gets busy there in the spring during the white bass run.

It has a super small parking lot, so most folks park on the grass and walk down the bank to the river it seems.
Thanks - I will check this out. Hopefully it won't be too busy.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
you have a license, or you're only going to use live bait?

I don't know where or if fish from the Neuse are considered safe to eat. Certainly not on any of the feeder creeks through Crabtree Creek.

I don't know what fishing is like on the Haw River at Highway 64, or the Deep River this side of Sanford on US1.

Those are the ones I can think of within 30 minutes except for the Eno.
Yes, I do have a license. But wait... what did you mean by "or you're only going to use live bait?" Are you saying if using live bait a license is not required?

I have fished parts of the Neuse river, and I have caught and a couple of catfish there.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:25 AM

13,707 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Bass Lake Park in Holly Springs stocks for catfish and is a nice place to sit and bank fish. I would get on the NC Angler forum and ask around there.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:42 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
Yes, I do have a license. But wait... what did you mean by "or you're only going to use live bait?" Are you saying if using live bait a license is not required?

I have fished parts of the Neuse river, and I have caught and a couple of catfish there.
whoops, I am way behind the times. They removed the live bait/hook and line exemption 10 years ago now! For those economically-disadvantaged, they can get a waiver so they're not required to have a license inland, but everyone else needs a license on ALL public waters.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
Bass Lake Park in Holly Springs stocks for catfish and is a nice place to sit and bank fish. I would get on the NC Angler forum and ask around there.
Bass Lake sounds cool... I checked out their website. They actually release 1,500 pound of catfish in the lake very month during the summer time. That's pretty cool. Boat rental is very cheap ($50 bucks for a full day for a Jon Boat).

Thanks everyone for your help. I have some options now.

For the following, can you give me a specific location? I am really not familiar with these places.

Haw River Side - Any additional instruction would be nice.
Penny's Bend - I looked this up on Google Map. I think I should be fine, but any additional instruction would be nice.
Deep River - Any specific instruction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary