Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 06:32 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,925,170 times

Advertisements

For those looking to avoid the megalopolis soccer club, give Liberty a tryout. It won't cost you anything except time.

Competitive Boys & Girls U11-U15

They are base around the Cary Academy area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 09:15 PM

75 posts, read 126,253 times
Does liberty play Ncysa? I did not see them listed... who do they play?

Old 04-18-2017, 06:20 AM

This year they do under TUSA. They are tusa red.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:35 PM

They are now expanding into Chatham as well.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:55 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,585,020 times
Are they ultra competitive or more just fun and no pressure? We've found some of the parents to be a bit much in CASL.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana123 View Post
Are they ultra competitive or more just fun and no pressure? We've found some of the parents to be a bit much in CASL.

Most of the parents are good. 2 years ago we had a family that was a little out there...verbally engaging the other team's players, all over the refs. They were not encouraged to come back and they moved on. The parents on my kid's team now are ultra quiet on the sideline. As a parent, I've kind of made my thoughts known. IE "Stay off the refs, they are not paid enough to take static."

Old 04-28-2017, 12:08 AM

332 posts, read 398,271 times
What's the difference between these 2 leagues. We are on the verge of moving to the area. My son plays in a select league and has 2 practices a week. We are used to driving 30 to 90 minutes away for a match. There are other leagues here that travel to tournaments in different states and that is not really the level of play my son is at IMO.

Old 04-28-2017, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe View Post
What's the difference between these 2 leagues. We are on the verge of moving to the area. My son plays in a select league and has 2 practices a week. We are used to driving 30 to 90 minutes away for a match. There are other leagues here that travel to tournaments in different states and that is not really the level of play my son is at IMO.
Do you mean, what is the difference between the clubs?

Old 04-28-2017, 12:09 PM

725 posts, read 1,500,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe View Post
You'll find all options available depending on skill level and desire to travel. This is the first year of the merger between CASL and TFCA (Triangle Football) so not sure how things will change with them but CASL has the challenge league. That's more of a Wake county wide league and teams practice 2 days a week. More competition than a rec league (which they also offer) but a lot less costly than classic with less travelling. So the farthest you would travel for a match is 30-40 minutes depending where you live (and they tend to play at least one away tournament). Also depends on your son's age he might not play club soccer until next spring, older boys generally don't play club soccer in the fall when high school soccer season is happening (there are exceptions) - Fall 2017 Try-outs

Old 04-28-2017, 01:30 PM

332 posts, read 398,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardmember10000 View Post
You'll find all options available depending on skill level and desire to travel. This is the first year of the merger between CASL and TFCA (Triangle Football) so not sure how things will change with them but CASL has the challenge league. That's more of a Wake county wide league and teams practice 2 days a week. More competition than a rec league (which they also offer) but a lot less costly than classic with less travelling. So the farthest you would travel for a match is 30-40 minutes depending where you live (and they tend to play at least one away tournament). Also depends on your son's age he might not play club soccer until next spring, older boys generally don't play club soccer in the fall when high school soccer season is happening (there are exceptions) - Fall 2017 Try-outs
Thanks for the info. It sounds like we should be looking at Challenge level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary