Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 07:10 PM

39 posts, read 114,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Yes. My "submitted" comment was in reference to me submitting my input to the survey.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 08:27 PM

Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SouthWakeParkProject/

Old 05-03-2017, 07:05 PM

We were on the news tonight, WNCN:

Group hopes to turn old golf course into 200-acre Fuquay-Varina park | WNCN

Old 05-04-2017, 09:33 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,713 times
So this is different than the proposed? "Southeast Regional Park", that was going to be on NC42, between Old Stage & Barber Bridge Rds.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:30 AM

Mr Bojangles - No ... The proposed "Southeast Regional Park" site you mentioned is several miles away, to the southeast and well on the other side of 401 -- more remote and without the existing development and infrastructure currently in place at the proposed "South Wake Park Project."

The population of Wake County is going to double in less than 20 years, so the parks will need to double as well. That park presumably will get built as well. All the more reason we shouldn't fail to take advantage of this immediate opportunity in southern Wake County!

Old 05-05-2017, 11:06 AM

634 posts, read 912,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
So this is different than the proposed? "Southeast Regional Park", that was going to be on NC42, between Old Stage & Barber Bridge Rds.
I think this land is now owned by Wake county (~170 acres), but I haven't heard anything about development funding being allocated.

Old 05-24-2017, 04:44 PM

1 posts, read 327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPz View Post
All the Crooked Creek folks I've talked to think it's a great idea ... probably much preferable to abut a large park/ greenway than more construction and new development. At the same time, this is a boon for south Wake county -- a much broader geographical area.
I only speak for myself, but most of the people I talk to are good with a park. It was great as a golf course, but greenspace and fresh, open air is preferable to more development and pavement. Make lemonade out of lemons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary