Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 08:35 PM

5 posts, read 7,875 times

Advertisements

I know right
Quote:
Originally Posted by papilgee4evaeva View Post
Cary and Morrisville are similar to Columbia and Ellicott City in feel, i can tell you that.

Depending on what you're into, you should be able to find ways to avoid boredom. Though since you're soon to have two kids under 2, I don't see how you'll find time to be bored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 02:39 PM

598 posts, read 333,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymom83 View Post
I like family friendly and im willing to be a bit bored but from what i read here its like everyone is super bored. Is it really that bad?
??? I don't find the area boring at all. Every time I look through the events in Indy Week I see stuff I'd love to do if I had more free time. And I don't have kids. It's not NYC by any means, but it's pretty active area for not being densely urban.

Whether or not you'd find it boring depends on what kinds of things you like to do.

Old 05-08-2017, 11:52 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,255,223 times
From the logistics standpoint you'll likely find many more suitable flights for your husband in Charlotte. Regarding the jobs I have no clue either. Why not take a look at the job boards like Indeed and see for yourself if anyone is hiring?

With the young children, husband away and family in MD I'm afraid you won't be happy in NC. And moving is stressful. Honestly, IMHO you should wait at least a year and then come over just to visit first to see for yourself. Basee on what you wrote, there does not seem to be any very compelling reasons to move right now.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:01 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,585,020 times
I assume there are jobs in that field in the triangle since we have schools and hospitals but not really sure. What I can tell you is that for your budget it may be tight to get in a great area with good schools. Overall though cost of living isn't that drastic that it would make sense to move so far from family. Will you have to pay for daycare? Be prepared to drop 1000+ per child per month. Also schools here don't pay very well so if that was your job plan I wouldn't expect too much. The area is great and we love it here but having a small child I couldn't imagine moving so far away from family with a husband who travels and trying to work. One plus though is that there is a direct rdu - lhr flight for him. I would definitely come check it out and see for yourself.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:11 AM

1 posts, read 508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymom83 View Post
I know right
Let me know what you wind up doing. We're in Odenton and since my husband is in Tech and I'm in HR, I'm not finding too many good reasons to stay up here and buy a single family for $500k+. I've connected with the mom's group on FB for the Cary area and one mom reached out to say that Cary is experiencing a lot of growth; but with that is coming traffic and construction of course. She recommended us to consider Chapel Hill too. We're thinking about road tripping down there to check out the area one of these weekends.

My sister's husband was a contractor oversees; proud of you for keeping your sh*t together every day without him around
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary