Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2017, 09:01 AM

22 posts, read 16,442 times

Advertisements

Just to update you guys, fiancé and I have been living and loving Carrboro for 4 months now. Our current lease is up for renewal in June. We love where we are and the low price, but with a dog and increasing amounts of "stuff" we would like 2 bedrooms. We found one off David rd between jones ferry and main st but I'm not too familiar with that area. Is it a good spot? Relatively safe/quiet? What's the primary population like there? Low income, students, families? Thanks as always for any info you guys can provide!

Cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 09:43 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,333,920 times
Davie Rd is pretty nice. Where is it exactly? The part closer to Jones Ferry, say between Fidelity and Jones Ferry starts to get a little not quite as nice, but overall it's a pretty good neighborhood. Super walkable!

Old 05-05-2017, 11:06 AM

22 posts, read 16,442 times
Howdy Poppydog!
yeah it is between Fidelity and Jones Ferry... I'm gonna take a drive through today and try and get a 'gut feeling' from it. We are currently in the Roberson place/Sweet Bay place area and really love it here! we're in one of those backdoor apartment type setups which is great, but after the wedding and what not we will inevitably want a place that is more 'ours'. I guess we will just keep our eyes open as I'm assuming a lot of places will start to free up here after graduation.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:52 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,333,920 times
I think it might be fine there. That's a really nice location. Super walkable to the farmer's market and Weaver Street, etc. That gas station on the corner of Davie and Jones Ferry used to be where a lot of day laborers hung out, but not sure if they still congregate there or not. I think El Centro was trying to get them to go somewhere else where folks who needed day labor could come by and find them.

I have a friend who lives in a duplex down there and she likes it. They have chickens they share between both sides of the duplex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary