Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2007, 08:46 PM

73 posts, read 397,569 times

Advertisements

PS _ ALL I HAVE TO DO IS FIND A JOB NOW, LOL x 99999999

this is the area we want to live in. it is confirmed. we have an idea of where we want to live if we have to work in RTP wake forest, apex or holly springs... it has just what we want to start a family and i might be able to swing a job and have my wife stay home after a year or so.

this trip was to gether info about the area and i love it, its so beautiful and not an eyesore like most of old dumpy MA. trees, trees, trees.... thought out transportation and highways compared to MA, variety of activities and fun and restaurants... i think raleigh area in NC is indicative of what heaven probably would look like to me with all the trees

PS - it was 85 and sunny today - shorts and t-shirts, yeah!!!!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2007, 12:23 AM

237 posts, read 915,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardlips View Post

My husband Bill and I are coming for our last and final look at homes before we move (I hope this is the last time), on Feb. 2nd. I am so excited, as I love, love, love North Carolina. I am thrilled to see it might rain on that trip, and I am so excited. We hardly ever see rain, so it is a treat when we see it. Do you get thunder in the winter???
Liz
I LIVE IN THE DESERT LAS VEGAS AND ALSO CAN'T WAIT FOR RAIN WE MOVED HERE IN AUG. 06 WHAT A MISTAKE AND HAVE NOT HAD RAIN SINCE IS THAT NUTS.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear717 View Post
thanks so much for the info. my wife and i are going down to visit in late March, so maybe we can meet up with all the other MA and New England pilgrims leaving for NC!

it is 3 degrees up here in Gloucester, MA tonight... we had a pretty easy winter so far, i almost felt like i was in carolina

i just have to land a job... making at least 80 or 90 a year in sales and marketing. my aunt married this really rich guy and his ex-wife died. but her brother lives in raleigh and is supposedly a millionaire who is interested in me taking over his company... my aunt sent him my resume. he has no kids and is happily married and looking to retire...

could this be fate? i hope so

thanks again everybody for all the info, kind gestures and hospitality... i cant wait to get the hell out of Mass, lol
I WAS IN SALES AND I AM MOVING THERE FROM VEGAS LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYONE IM FROM JERSEY AND MOVED OUT HERE IN AUG 06 BUT MY WIFE AND I AGREE NOT A GOOD PLACE TO RAISE CHILDREN SO WE ARE COMING THERE TO FIND A HOME IN 1 MONTH. I OWNED AND RAN MY OWN COMPANY CALLED GELATO'S FOR 9 YEARS SOLD IT AND AT 35 IM NOT READY TO RETIRE SO LET ME KNOW.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull City Rising View Post
The one thing I **don't** like about Durham?

No Dunkin' Donuts.

The wife and I made the trek down NC 55 from our home in Durham this weekend for DD's. 20 miles each way.
OPEN A FRANCHISE THERE. YOU'LL MAKE A KILLING

Old 04-04-2007, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren4521 View Post
We're in Clayton technically. We pay Clayton property taxes and go to Clayton school but we're outside the township IN Johnston County. Wendell handles our mail so our town is called Wendell (but Wendell is Wake County). It was hard to get used to but there it is. We'll probably be annexed into Clayton someday but until then will enjoy the NO city tax!

Lauren
HOW DO YOU LIKE CLAYTON WE ARE COMING THERE IN A MONTH AND MY WIFE WANTS LAND AND FOR OUR PRICE AROUND 225 YOU CAN'T REALLY GET THAT IN CARY OR APEX OR HOLLY SPRINGS WITHOUT GETTING A SMALLER OR OLDER HOUSE THAT NEEDS WORK.PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR LIKES AND DISLIKES. SHE WORKS IN CHILD CARE I BUY AND RENT CONDOS AND APT.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artichoke63 View Post
Bear,

Just to let you know, I was just in Cary last week checking it out. It is pretty but VERY homogonized. Mostly white folk and almost all chain stores and restaurants. Chapel Hill and Durham are supposedly more interesting, but it all depends on what you're looking for. Personally, I like a little more diversity.

Artie
CHECK THE CRIME CARY O MURDERS AND DURHAM 35 ONE PERSON CALLED IT THE DETROIT OF THE SOUTH AND WHEN I SAW THOSE #'S I AGRRED.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:35 AM

237 posts, read 1,030,245 times
Was Gelatos an "Ice cream type" place? There is a big need here for "mom and pop" type places ie ice cream, breakfast places etc. Good luck on your move here. We're heading out of town once our house is sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull136 View Post
I WAS IN SALES AND I AM MOVING THERE FROM VEGAS LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYONE IM FROM JERSEY AND MOVED OUT HERE IN AUG 06 BUT MY WIFE AND I AGREE NOT A GOOD PLACE TO RAISE CHILDREN SO WE ARE COMING THERE TO FIND A HOME IN 1 MONTH. I OWNED AND RAN MY OWN COMPANY CALLED GELATO'S FOR 9 YEARS SOLD IT AND AT 35 IM NOT READY TO RETIRE SO LET ME KNOW.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:55 AM

17 posts, read 57,399 times
Bear717...can't wait to hear more about your trip...our family (from Mass.) is doing the grand tour in 2 weeks...mostly interested in Cary at this point, because of where my husband works. Anyway, it sounds really nice. You are not missing anything here in Mass. It's about 40 degrees, rainy and dismal...we might even get some snow tonight in central Mass. Enjoy the sunny 85 degree days while you are there. Keep the info coming!!!

Old 04-07-2007, 08:27 PM

2 posts, read 5,314 times
Default I have a ranch for rent in the N. Raleigh area.

It's 975/mo. Contact me at Moderator cut: keep personal info in profile.

Everybody,

This looks like a great board! Thanks for having us. My wife and I have been married 7 years and living on the North Shore of Massachusetts... where we cannot afford to buy a home or condo, because the prices are outrageous up here.

I'm 31 and she's 28 and we want to start a family soon. We heard Raleigh, North Carolina and suburbs are a great place! I just wanted to get some inside info from you guys (the pros) about your area...

What do you like about it? How is the job market? What are the homes and communities like? Pricing, etc etc. How's the weather??

I work for a regional Chamber of Commerce and am the VP of Sales and Marketing and my wife works for a software development company. Even with our combined salaries in the over $100,000 we can't afford to live up here. Any decent home or condo up here start at $450,000 and that is for a beat up cape that is over 60 years old - needing to replace almost everything... and people wonder why no young professionals stay around Massachusetts.

So I'd be very interested in hearing what its like in Raleigh North Carolina. Anything you can think of that would help us out would be great!! Where to relocate to... What you consider best about the Raleigh Durham Area.

We want to come visit in January or February and don't know where to start looking for homes or jobs or pretty much anything I've looked online everywhere and its really hard to find a straight answer on anything, but I thought maybe posting here would help!

Thanks so much,
Erik and Amy[/quote]

Old 04-08-2007, 08:26 PM

73 posts, read 397,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbecoat View Post
It's 975/mo. Contact me at

Everybody,

This looks like a great board! Thanks for having us. My wife and I have been married 7 years and living on the North Shore of Massachusetts... where we cannot afford to buy a home or condo, because the prices are outrageous up here.

I'm 31 and she's 28 and we want to start a family soon. We heard Raleigh, North Carolina and suburbs are a great place! I just wanted to get some inside info from you guys (the pros) about your area...

What do you like about it? How is the job market? What are the homes and communities like? Pricing, etc etc. How's the weather??

I work for a regional Chamber of Commerce and am the VP of Sales and Marketing and my wife works for a software development company. Even with our combined salaries in the over $100,000 we can't afford to live up here. Any decent home or condo up here start at $450,000 and that is for a beat up cape that is over 60 years old - needing to replace almost everything... and people wonder why no young professionals stay around Massachusetts.

So I'd be very interested in hearing what its like in Raleigh North Carolina. Anything you can think of that would help us out would be great!! Where to relocate to... What you consider best about the Raleigh Durham Area.

We want to come visit in January or February and don't know where to start looking for homes or jobs or pretty much anything I've looked online everywhere and its really hard to find a straight answer on anything, but I thought maybe posting here would help!

Thanks so much,
Erik and Amy
[/quote]

i dont think youre using the quote tool properly...............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary