Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 08:28 PM

5 posts, read 22,461 times

Advertisements

Hi - My husband and I just moved here from SoCal and were looking to purchase a home in Wake Forest. We came across Reynolds Mill today. They look like very nice homes for the price, but some of the surrounding homes do not look so nice. How is the neighborhood, schools, etc? Are there any other subdividions in the area you would recommend? Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advise.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 10:01 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,321,285 times
It all depends on what you are looking for regarding the schools, elementary, middle, or high school. If you want to stay in Wake Forest than try Heritage. If you want to move out a bit there a many subdivisions outside of the town of Wake Forest. Actually to many to name here.
I do recommend you get a Buyers Agent of you don't already, they can add plenty of value for you when you are ready to buy. There are some very good rel-estate agents that use this forum that can provide exactly the information you are looking for.

Reynolds Mill looks like a nice community. The question I would have is when the road that leads into it from South main street connects to the 98 Bypass how much more passthru traffic will that force through the sub division. People will look for short cuts between 98 bypass and S. main street that could lead them right through the subdivision.

Good luck in your search and welcome to Wake Forest!

Old 03-08-2008, 10:27 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,001,444 times
I would echo dansdrive statements about reynolds mill, the only concern I have is the road accessing the subdivision, it can get quite crowded. I tend to use it, during "rush" hour one night a week, and there are definite back ups.

There are so many neighborhoods in wake forest, are you looking for something within the city limits, or in wake forest but in the county? I like bishop's grant, heritage, twin creeks at olde mill stream (my sister lives there and the new construction homes are great!). Those are all closer to "town" than others I can think of that are near me (off of purnell road).

The schools for reynolds mill are forest pines elementary (year round), wake forest rolesville middle and wake forest rolesville high school. You can look the schools up on the wake county public schools website and greatschools.net which may give you some perspective. My daughter attends north forest pines elementary (which is year round) which is located on the same campus at forest pines. They are brand new schools that opened this year. I am quite happy at north forest pines, and the friends I have at forest pines seems happy as well.

Hope this helps
Leigh

Old 03-08-2008, 11:20 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,427,908 times
I've driven through Reynolds Mill.... I echo PP comments about traffic. The homes seems nice - If you are interested, I would negotiate, negotiate, negotiate - also research sales at history at :
Real Estate Search (http://aws1.co.wake.nc.us/realestate/search.asp - broken link)

You'll need a street address, you can't search by subdivisons....

It also appears to connect with Cimmaron. Enough Said ......

Old 03-16-2008, 09:42 AM

3,932 posts, read 5,063,157 times
Thumbs up SoCal to NoCarolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish13 View Post
Hi - My husband and I just moved here from SoCal and were looking to purchase a home in Wake Forest. We came across Reynolds Mill today. They look like very nice homes for the price, but some of the surrounding homes do not look so nice. How is the neighborhood, schools, etc? Are there any other subdividions in the area you would recommend? Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advise.
North Carolina is odd in that you often find nice upscale neighborhoods surrounded by either modest houses or sometimes even mobile homes. That’s something that you rarely if ever saw in my home state of Maryland. My pseudo-intellectual friends have suggested that this is a remnant of the plantation mentality that may still, to some extent, exist here in the south.

Wake Forest is a FANTASTIC place to live and I highly recommend it. It’s a perfect town for parents who want to raise their children in an area rich with traditional values.

Reynolds Mill is a better bargain now that the prices have come back to levels that middle-class people can afford without involving themselves in risky loans. If you’re looking to go more upscale then I’d suggest Heritage. Just keep in mind that you’ll be paying more to live in the same general area. Case in point, I live in the modest Pemberly subdivision and I enjoy just about all the same amenities as those living in Heritage and Reynolds Mill.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:57 PM

45 posts, read 150,433 times
Wake Forest is indeed a great place to live! Pemberly is very nice! Take a look at Bishops Grant and Austin Creek. Not sure what the schools are for the subdivisions. I do know that traffic backs up particularly in the afternoons between the 98 bypass and Wake Forest Rolesville Middle School. Once you find something you like, talk with the people who live in the subdivision, find out what they like about the area and schools. Plantation mentality? Uh no comment!

Old 12-12-2011, 09:04 AM

1,023 posts, read 3,331,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvwakeforest View Post
I've driven through Reynolds Mill.... I echo PP comments about traffic. The homes seems nice - If you are interested, I would negotiate, negotiate, negotiate - also research sales at history at :
Real Estate Search (http://aws1.co.wake.nc.us/realestate/search.asp - broken link)

You'll need a street address, you can't search by subdivisons....

It also appears to connect with Cimmaron. Enough Said ......
I know this is an old post, but is cimmaron bad? I like Reynolds Mill and Pemberly, as they are closer to Raliegh, good price point, and The Factory. Is it just because Cimmaron is older and smaller homes?

Old 12-12-2011, 09:06 AM

1,023 posts, read 3,331,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
North Carolina is odd in that you often find nice upscale neighborhoods surrounded by either modest houses or sometimes even mobile homes. That’s something that you rarely if ever saw in my home state of Maryland. My pseudo-intellectual friends have suggested that this is a remnant of the plantation mentality that may still, to some extent, exist here in the south.

Wake Forest is a FANTASTIC place to live and I highly recommend it. It’s a perfect town for parents who want to raise their children in an area rich with traditional values.

Reynolds Mill is a better bargain now that the prices have come back to levels that middle-class people can afford without involving themselves in risky loans. If you’re looking to go more upscale then I’d suggest Heritage. Just keep in mind that you’ll be paying more to live in the same general area. Case in point, I live in the modest Pemberly subdivision and I enjoy just about all the same amenities as those living in Heritage and Reynolds Mill.
Grizzmeister, I sent you a message and just saw you live in Pemberly. We are looking there and Reynolds Mill. Where do you swim? The YMCA? Is there a pool for the subdivision that you can join?

Old 12-12-2011, 09:45 AM

835 posts, read 2,870,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewLew View Post
Grizzmeister, I sent you a message and just saw you live in Pemberly. We are looking there and Reynolds Mill. Where do you swim? The YMCA? Is there a pool for the subdivision that you can join?
If you're thinking Reynold's Mill over another development without a pool, be mindful that RM does not have any solid plans for a pool, although one was promised (to us at least) in 2008. That's all I will say publically. DM if you want to know more.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:02 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,834,900 times
I live in Bowling Green- we have a pool. We are adjacent to willow deer and saddle run which don't have pools. Many residents join granite falls or the Y. I agree with the pp's who recommend a buyers agent- also you need to drive around a lot to get a
Feel for a place.
It's true that many nice subdivisions are adjacent to less desirable development but I think that it is just because the developers get good deals on that
land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary