Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 11:05 AM

455 posts, read 917,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
What the heck are they thinking? They figure the shuttles got caught in traffic last year so just eliminate them?
They had a lot of complaints from the businesses in downtown Fuquay about it. They were hoping for an increase in business due to all the visitors, but everyone bypassed downtown by parking in the lots and shuttling to the park via the busses.

They're hoping this year more people spend time and money in DT FV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Some reviews said the private lots are worth it. The closest lot I see is like $20 per car. Do those get filled up right away also? $20 is a lot for Fuquay parking tho!
We did a private lot last year right across from the park. Was definitely worth it. Had a 6 year old and a 2 year old at the time..

Old 05-27-2017, 11:28 AM

19 posts, read 36,681 times
There is a lot of parking right around the site - a surprisingly large amount. Some of the very closest lots are $20, but most are $10. Much of the parking is right along Academy Street, but there is a good bit of parking on Fleming Loop Rd as well, and maybe a shorter walk. The only trick to that is you have to go to the end of Fleming Loop that is further away from the festival because the end right at the park is closed to traffic. The one place I was going to park even has a website and twitter feed.. parkflemingloop is the handle. We ended up parking in a nearby neighborhood and walking but it was definitely further than the closest pay lots. I was really questioning the decision about the shuttles, but last night seemed work pretty well and had a decent crowd.

If you just want to see balloons fly, you can really just hang out around the site in the early morning or evening to get an idea of the wind and see which direction it's taking them. I've seen a lot of pictures from friends who were at Home Depot this morning and many of the balloons drifted over that way and landed nearby.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:44 AM

16,390 posts, read 12,405,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMayor View Post
They had a lot of complaints from the businesses in downtown Fuquay about it. They were hoping for an increase in business due to all the visitors, but everyone bypassed downtown by parking in the lots and shuttling to the park via the busses.

They're hoping this year more people spend time and money in DT FV.
Only their plan could backfire if fewer people attend because they've heard that there are no parking shuttles.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:48 PM

Balloon lift was canceled tonight, so don't bother.

This is the second year in a row we went and it was canceled. This whole "festival" has been a clusterf both years, and I think I'm done with it.

There was a lot less going on this year. They didn't have the big hot air balloon in the middle that kids could play in like last year. They had less food trucks, and I'm pretty sure less breweries in the beer tent.

Thank goodness I knew someone and could park real close for free, because we dropped way too much money on mediocre food and it was just a big headache.

I seriously doubt people are parking in Downtown and walking... the parking scene nearby was crazy busy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary