Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 05:53 PM

5,746 posts, read 17,618,569 times

Advertisements

I've been going to Carolina Family Practice and Sports Medicine up near the Cary/Morrisville border. Although I like the practice, my doctors keep quitting and I've had 3 doctors in the last 10 years. The 3rd just quit, so I'll be on my 4th. If I'm switching doctors again, I might as well get one closer to my home.

I'd prefer someone in the Waverly Place area, near Wake-Med Cary Hospital.

I'm male, in my 50s, and in good health. I go once a year for my physical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 07:38 PM

26 posts, read 27,717 times
I've been happy with Crescent Family Practice for 15+ years. Their office is at the corner of Cary Parkway and Tryon Road.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:52 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,257,177 times
I asked the neighbors recently and several people recommended Cary Medical Group in Waverly area. Have not tried them yet but am planning to check it out - the doctor I used to see moved and I wasn't super happy there anyway.

Curious where you'll end up since I'm looking in the same area. Please keep us posted.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:01 AM

43,363 posts, read 77,251,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelenap View Post
I asked the neighbors recently and several people recommended Cary Medical Group in Waverly area. Have not tried them yet but am planning to check it out - the doctor I used to see moved and I wasn't super happy there anyway.

Curious where you'll end up since I'm looking in the same area. Please keep us posted.
After 17 years at Cary Medical Group, we left.
There are some good doctors.

Practice management was really pretty bad, with no patient consideration at all and a fair amount of rudeness.

Old 05-23-2017, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by behappy1 View Post
I've been happy with Crescent Family Practice for 15+ years. Their office is at the corner of Cary Parkway and Tryon Road.
A stone's throw from our orthodontist. I'll check them out. Thanks.

Old 05-23-2017, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
After 17 years at Cary Medical Group, we left.
There are some good doctors.

Practice management was really pretty bad, with no patient consideration at all and a fair amount of rudeness.
Dang. Same building as our pediatrician, and next door to our financial adviser. I thought we had a winner.

Thanks for the warning Mike. Sounds like they may be hit or miss. Let's see what others recommend.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:02 AM

11,232 posts, read 8,324,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Dang. Same building as our pediatrician, and next door to our financial adviser. I thought we had a winner.

Thanks for the warning Mike. Sounds like they may be hit or miss. Let's see what others recommend.
Typically, you can also get more opinions (larger sample size) by googling them and reading some more reviews. Keep in mind that people usually only take time to review a doctor if they have STRONG feelings, so most will either be all good, or all bad. It still helps to compare:

https://www.google.com/search?q=caro...hrome&ie=UTF-8

vs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=caro...amily+practice

Just another data-point that has always been helpful to me in similar inquiries. I have no experience with either practice (and my Doctor is near my work, closer to RTP).

Old 05-23-2017, 07:35 AM

43,363 posts, read 77,251,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post

Well, it has been a couple of years, and in fairness, there have been some Doctor changes.
That is for the good.
But. The front end.
Since we left, I cannot truly tell you that the front end still sucks terribly or no longer sucks, but they do a brisk business and that speaks to something.

If you were stuck with a Dr. with whom you are not comfortable, they were quite aggressive about denying a move to another Dr. in the practice.
That seemed odd and brusque, considering that my business walked in their door. No one had to go out and secure it.

It's a tough decision to make a good choice if you have ongoing care needs or concerns.
Wherever you end up, don't hesitate to jump ship if you aren't always treated with respect by Dr or staff.

Old 05-23-2017, 08:04 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,257,177 times
As long as the doctor is good I can deal with the front staff. Our pediatrician got some bad reviews for customer service but she is a good doctor and we never had any issues. But I agree their receptionists (there seems to be a revolving door) are not the brightest candles. Thanks for the warning though!

Old 05-24-2017, 04:47 AM

22,686 posts, read 36,861,192 times
A lot of people in my office use Dr. Foster in Waverly Place, I do not know who he is affiliated with though. Could be Cary Medical Group.

I've left a few doctors because of poor front office staff. There is no excuse for it. My experience is most doctors are poor businesspeople and this is one way that it shows, and it usually starts with hiring the wife to work up front. People aren't going skipping off to the doctor with a gleeful feeling, whether they are sick or not, and if the front office staff isn't cognizant of that then they are in the wrong business. It speaks volumes about how the rest of the experience with go and god forbid you end up with something really wrong that's not an attitude that you want to deal with on top of everything else.

I'd like to leave my pediatrician for this reason - they are downright nasty - but they are too damn convenient. Couple more years till I'm done with then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary