Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2017, 10:20 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times

Advertisements

I just like to eat pizza! (And a few other things, too!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 11:24 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,815,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradrops View Post
Some places make a Grandma Pie here, but it is nothing like the real thing. Here it's just a thinner Sicilian slice.
Try Dante's in Wakefield(?) for Grandma pie.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:38 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,674,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
I need to try this Randy's pizza.

Are all the locations good? The Alexander Dr one looks closest to me ??

PS- Just saw that many here favor the Miami Blvd location-good to know.
I've been to the Randy's on Davis Drive. Still my favorite pizza for this area.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:33 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
Quote:

I love their pizza when I order a whole pizza, but I'm not as crazy about their slices. That seems to make no sense, I realize. The slices are huge and maybe a little too thin for my taste. But not bad by any means.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:34 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
There are three fantastic pizza places within about 0.5 sq mi in Carrboro — Carrboro Pizza Oven, Napoli Pizza Truck, and Pizzeria Mercato. All are worth checking out. Carrboro Pizza Oven is where you go to get your pie by the slice. Napoli is wood-fired and excellent. Pizzeria Mercato is a little more industrial upscale. The chef there is Ben Barker, son of the folks who ran Magnolia Grill. They have some incredible Neopolitan pies.

The Capp's Apizza truck is really good, too, but I haven't seen it in awhile. A few years ago they were regulars at Saturdays at Saxapahaw and made a great pizza with local sungold tomatoes on it. MMmmmm-mmm. Looks like they have a new restaurant at Briar Chapel in Chatham Co — might be worth adding them to the list of places to check out: https://cappspizzeria.com/#cappshandcrafted
Yum, thank you !

Old 06-06-2017, 08:07 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,337,486 times
Quote:

They are not all the same. I think the ownership is different. The advertising and coupons are not the same for all it looks like the one on Davis and the one in North Cary are the same ownership. I did not like the one on Davis the last time I had it, not as good as it had been. Truthfully, I would pick wood or coal fired over a regular pizza any day.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:49 AM

163 posts, read 154,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
I love their pizza when I order a whole pizza, but I'm not as crazy about their slices. That seems to make no sense, I realize. The slices are huge and maybe a little too thin for my taste. But not bad by any means.
I didn't want to say anything, but this is my exact experience as well. The whole pies are fantastic, but any time I've had slices for lunch I thought they were way too greasy.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:23 AM

307 posts, read 377,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_M View Post
They are not all the same. I think the ownership is different. The advertising and coupons are not the same for all it looks like the one on Davis and the one in North Cary are the same ownership. I did not like the one on Davis the last time I had it, not as good as it had been. Truthfully, I would pick wood or coal fired over a regular pizza any day.
I believe the one in RTP on Miami has a different owner, but all of the other locations are owned by the same person. If I remember correctly the different owners were originally partners but then eventually had a falling out or something.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:28 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,674,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odisn View Post
I didn't want to say anything, but this is my exact experience as well. The whole pies are fantastic, but any time I've had slices for lunch I thought they were way too greasy.
They're true to the NY style.

Fold the slice, let it drip for second, enjoy.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:40 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post

Fold the slice, let it drip for second, enjoy.
I never understood the folding of a lovely slice of pizza How would I burn the roof of my mouth with a hot slice of pizza if I folded it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary