Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 05:30 AM

11,219 posts, read 8,288,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMeEC View Post
You have changed my life. The parchment paper trick is amazing! No more will my wife ask why there's so much corn meal all over the floor. No more will I have to smell the burnt corn meal I forgot to clean off the stone. No more corn meal stuck to my feet because, well, see the first point.

I forgot the ice cube trick. Have to wait until next time.

Please tell me more about these tiles. Just a plain old unglazed tile from home depot or such?

Yea, I've had a few slide right off the stone. Damn, that's a mess.
I am so glad this is helpful. I feel like anything that helps another fellow-human make good pizza is a positive force in the universe.

As for the tiles: Yes, just basic UNGLAZED tiles from HD or Lowes. They usually come in terracotta color, or white. Either is fine. Unglazed because I think you want them to be porous to make the crust just right. I'm not sure that is the reason, but the person who told me this trick, some 20 years ago, was very insistent that it was unglazed. Good for making bread too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackwriter View Post
As a single person, I make a nice pizza-for-one on non-pocket pita bread (Harris Teeter carries it). My favorite topping is bacon/red onion/roasted brussels sprouts. Don't knock it till you've tried it.
Not knocking it, it sounds delicious, but perhaps those ingredients are impacting your relationship status? (meant as kind-hearted humor)

I would think your pie, with just a little bit of blue cheese crumble and/or a slight drizzle of balsamic glaze, and then topped with Arugula would win a contest. It sounds really great!

Old 09-18-2017, 05:47 AM

43,253 posts, read 77,010,637 times
Well, now...
Looking at the bottom of the page, it would seem that the Endless and Definitive Quest for Great Pizza is an International Pursuit!
Similar Threads.

Manatees Pizza in PG - Great pizza joint!, Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte, 11 replies
Shakey's Pizza...is it still great pizza?, Los Angeles, 64 replies
Megabite Pizza (Vancouver) vs Pizza Pizza (Ontario), Canada, 7 replies
Pizza pizza pizza!, Jacksonville, 35 replies
FYI Pizza Pizza Pizza is not just for pizza lovers only, Jacksonville, 2 replies

Old 09-18-2017, 08:33 AM

595 posts, read 676,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I am so glad this is helpful. I feel like anything that helps another fellow-human make good pizza is a positive force in the universe.

As for the tiles: Yes, just basic UNGLAZED tiles from HD or Lowes. They usually come in terracotta color, or white. Either is fine. Unglazed because I think you want them to be porous to make the crust just right. I'm not sure that is the reason, but the person who told me this trick, some 20 years ago, was very insistent that it was unglazed. Good for making bread too.
I think the unglazed tile absorbs moisture which leads to a crispy crust. That's part of the theory on the pizza stone as far as I know.

Old 09-18-2017, 04:44 PM

Picture of the stones. (I hope to start another thread with the entire process, cause.... PIZZA)
Attached Thumbnails
Good to Great Pizza?-pizzastones.jpg  

Old 09-18-2017, 04:47 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,589,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Picture of the stones. (I hope to start another thread with the entire process, cause.... PIZZA)
Oooh, those look great. And start the thread! I'm fully obsessed with pizzamaking again now that I have a great dough recipe.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:36 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,065 times
This looks like it could be good New family-owned pizza shop opens in downtown Raleigh :: Out and About at WRAL.com

Old 11-04-2017, 06:03 PM

1,255 posts, read 1,181,717 times
Y'all. I went you Oakwood Pizza Box tonight and it was hands down the best pizza I've ever had. It totally reminded me of Grimaldi's and other neighborhood slices in NYC, but it was even better. At $22 for a large pepperoni, the price wasn't too bad either. Definitely go try it.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:45 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,871,906 times
Coming into this late my new pizza spot is Benny Capitals off of Fayetteville street, there's also a Benny's in Chapel Hill, huge ass slices and it's good too. I love NY Pizza off of Hillsborough St, for some reason the one in Briar Creek just doesn't taste the same. Haven't taste the chapel location. Johnny's Pizza in Cary is also pretty good.Pizzaria Faulisi also in Cary is good but feel like you need two and wish they had a little more options tho I'm digging their bagel, biscuit, and doughnut popup they've been doing. Randy's is good, the miami blvd location taste the best to me. Trophy Brewing also has some good Pizzas. Pizza La stella off of Fayetteville st and now a Hillsborough st location is also good. Recently had moonlight and have to say I've been sleeping on the wrong spot. In Durham all the time and still haven't ate at Pizzeria Toro yet and I'm in Chapelboro all the time and still haven't checked out Pizzeria Mercato but plan on to soon.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:15 AM

43,253 posts, read 77,010,637 times
We went to Johnny's at Stone Creek in Cary Friday night, and enjoyed our pizza.
We will be back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary