Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2018, 05:53 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,166,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeh View Post
Ok, will throw this out there... looking for the true local hockey fans opinions.... If the Hurricanes don't make the playoffs this year, do you think Bill Peters will still be head coach here next season? Think new ownership will want to make a change if no playoffs?

Best thing the new owner can do on day one is fire Bill Peters. Peter's has shown in his time here that he has zero clue how to run a bench, manage a roster or assess talent. Sure, put your penalty killers out in OT....that wins a ton of games. Leave in a goalie who can't make a save in the 1st period, etc. The list goes on. Good riddance. He's gone by May 1st.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 06:02 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
Best thing the new owner can do on day one is fire Bill Peters. Peter's has shown in his time here that he has zero clue how to run a bench, manage a roster or assess talent. Sure, put your penalty killers out in OT....that wins a ton of games. Leave in a goalie who can't make a save in the 1st period, etc. The list goes on. Good riddance. He's gone by May 1st.
You gotta learn to let go, stop wavering, and just tell us what you really think....

Old 01-03-2018, 07:16 AM

76 posts, read 56,542 times
I still think the Canes' performance was good. It's true that the first goal was a gift, but there were several other situations where they did not luck out, like hitting metal a couple times. And it's not like none of the Caps' goals were based on individual mistakes either (looking at you, Faulk). That's just normal gameplay.
Obviously the Canes don't have individual quality and experience comparable to players like Ovechkin, and that they lose against a team that has this once it gets down to 3 on 3 isn't surprising anyone. They're surely no hot candidate for the Stanley Cup, but they can play strong enough against major contenders that getting into the playoffs should be within reach.

Old 01-03-2018, 01:54 PM

612 posts, read 1,280,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
Point is, all five of Washington's goals came from rushes that began in their end of the ice.
This terrible turnover from Slavin (a player I generally like, but this is practically inexcusable) isn't exactly a rush that began in the Caps defensive zone.

https://youtu.be/xJE5J83GDSY

Old 01-03-2018, 06:20 PM

4,262 posts, read 4,713,041 times
I had seen the video and I wouldn't say that Slavin ever had possession. He is culpable, though, as he also was on the Orlov goal.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:30 AM

What happened to Kruger, lower body injury?

Hoping Stempniak is really ready when he comes back.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:29 AM

4,262 posts, read 4,713,041 times
LBI "without a definitive timetable for recovery" is all I've heard about Kruger. He went on IR, so the earliest he could play is Saturday against Boston... but he's likely to be out longer than that. Wallmark suffered a groin injury against the Caps and is doubtful today, thus the Saarela call-up.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:37 PM

That was a seriously sweet game to watch.
Shutting out the Pens at home.

Some real pretty hockey too.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:04 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,243,553 times
It was fantastic. It seems the win in Las Vegas last month did something to the mind-set of this team. Lets hope this continues, as of right now the boys are holding down the final Wild-card spot.

Quote:
Shutting out the Pens at home.
Not to nit-pick my friend but it was in Pittsburgh, which actually makes it sweeter

Old 01-05-2018, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
It was fantastic. It seems the win in Las Vegas last month did something to the mind-set of this team. Lets hope this continues, as of right now the boys are holding down the final Wild-card spot.

Not to nit-pick my friend but it was in Pittsburgh, which actually makes it sweeter

Shutting out the Pens at THEIR home, was my meaning. With empty seats for much of the 3rd period.
Where they were 12-6-1, now 12-7-1.
Sweeeeeet, indeed.

So, tonight, it is Pens @ NYI.
Don't care who wins, as long as it doesn't go to OT and deliver 3 points...
I guess I will pull for the Pens, as my 89 y.o. Auntie is a Pens fan and needs a comeback...

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 01-05-2018 at 01:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary