Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2018, 04:56 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times

Advertisements

Well, now, and back on topic...

IF IF...
Tonight:
Canes beat Redwings.
Sharks beat BlueJackets (hopefully, in regulation.)
Tomorrow:
Senators beat Flyers (hopefully, in regulation.)

We awaken Sunday morning, and the Canes are in sole possession of the first wild card spot.

Works for me!

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend?"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 08:48 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Re: The Pepsi Caniac Coach - I read recently that you have to purchase something at the partner restaurants where the bus picks up in order to ride it. Is that still true?
They encourage you to visit some of the sponsor businesses in order to request/get a bus pass. No purchase is necessary.

Having said that, I have never been asked to produce a pass before boarding the bus.

Old 02-02-2018, 08:51 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Well, now, and back on topic...

IF IF...
Tonight:
Canes beat Redwings.
Sharks beat BlueJackets (hopefully, in regulation.)
Tomorrow:
Senators beat Flyers (hopefully, in regulation.)

We awaken Sunday morning, and the Canes are in sole possession of the first wild card spot.

Works for me!

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend?"

Was cool to see the Devils come up with a goal with less than two minutes to play vs. Flyers. By see, I mean follow the game cast.

Hoping for a good effort tonight. Darling needs to be given an opportunity to make good. We are going to need him playing well to be successful.

Old 02-02-2018, 09:10 AM

4,261 posts, read 4,706,148 times
Quote:
Umm, have you ever been to Charlotte? Bank of America Stadium, Spectrum Center, BB&T Field, Blumenthal etc...
Of course I have. My point was you're going to pay $20 for parking wherever the stadium is.

I don't doubt that a downtown Raleigh stadium is feasible if someone has hundreds of millions to spend; I question whether it's desirable in the minds of the 93% of the Triangle does not live ITB Raleigh.

Quote:
Off topic but Hillsborough Street is awesome with the streetscaping - you can take Western Blvd or Wade Ave if you need to get somewhere fast.
All the traffic that used to take Hillsborough as a through-route has been forced onto Western and Wade. Wade is an accident magnet because of its design, and Western between Pullen and 440 is worse than ever with no improvement plan on the table.

Old 02-02-2018, 09:18 AM

3,305 posts, read 8,555,882 times
The Metro division is so jumbled up right now, that any team from 2nd to 8th could switch positions in less than a week.

Old 02-02-2018, 08:31 PM

422 posts, read 461,545 times
Let me be the first to say that was ugly........

Old 02-02-2018, 09:07 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
That final goal - just perfect timing with the guy coming out of the penalty box.

Tonight was my first time going to a game in a while, is it usually that crowded or are more people taking advantage of the February pass deal? I've never seen the security line out the door after face-off.

Old 02-02-2018, 09:08 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
All the traffic that used to take Hillsborough as a through-route has been forced onto Western and Wade. Wade is an accident magnet because of its design, and Western between Pullen and 440 is worse than ever with no improvement plan on the table.
Not every road has to be designed to move as many cars as possible. The Hillsborough street design, along with other streetscape projects are great for businesses and enhance the walkability and liveliness of the area as opposed to if it was turned into another Wade or Western.

Also just looked it up, in 2007 - pre-Hillsborough Street project, Western Blvd saw 33,000 vehicles per day. In 2015, it increased to 36,000 vehicles per day - a modest increase that likely has more to do with population growth than Hillsborough Street. Wade Avenue was 29,000 in 2007 and 32,000 in 2015 so similar results there.

Old 02-03-2018, 04:57 AM

Quote:
That final goal - just perfect timing with the guy coming out of the penalty box.

Tonight was my first time going to a game in a while, is it usually that crowded or are more people taking advantage of the February pass deal? I've never seen the security line out the door after face-off.
Last night was just an excellent crowd. 18,126.
We seldom sell out.
11,000--12,000 is most common, although attendance tends to pick up this time of year.

These are the games that the Canes MUST win, when they have 17,000+ fans in the seats.
If they want to sell tickets.
No cheap beer, no local band, no banana pudding, no $7 million Jumbotron, etc, will fill the seats like WINNING will.
"Winning" is the ultimate fan experience.

And, too often, they lose and lose miserably when they have a full house.
It is weird, but they seem to play better in front of 11,000 attendance.

Last edited by MikeJaquish; 02-03-2018 at 05:32 AM..

Old 02-03-2018, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake74 View Post
Let me be the first to say that was ugly........
Well, thousands were saying it...

I wonder which Canes team will show up Sunday for the Sharks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary