Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 08:52 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times

Advertisements

If any of you are interested, the Charlotte Checkers (Hurricanes AHL affiliate for those who don't know) clinched a playoff spot last night, and can still move up in their division for a better spot. I think they have 2 games left and they also won today. Lot of good young talent on their roster who made meaningful contributions to the Canes this year (Zykov, Roy, Foegele, Wallmark). I think theAHL.com has a link to stream live games.

Despite yet another non-playoff season , there are a few positives, mainly the development of Aho and Hanifin among others. Lot of good prospects in the pipeline too.

Desperately need a goaltender, and preferably one who is decent at worst. Still need a GM, and possibly a new coach. Hoping for some luck in the draft lottery for once too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 03:57 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
If any of you are interested, the Charlotte Checkers (Hurricanes AHL affiliate for those who don't know) clinched a playoff spot last night, and can still move up in their division for a better spot. I think they have 2 games left and they also won today. Lot of good young talent on their roster who made meaningful contributions to the Canes this year (Zykov, Roy, Foegele, Wallmark). I think theAHL.com has a link to stream live games.

Despite yet another non-playoff season , there are a few positives, mainly the development of Aho and Hanifin among others. Lot of good prospects in the pipeline too.

Desperately need a goaltender, and preferably one who is decent at worst. Still need a GM, and possibly a new coach. Hoping for some luck in the draft lottery for once too.
Free agency should be interesting this year.

I heard that Hanifin doesn't care much to resign with the Canes.
What is he worth in trade?

Old 04-09-2018, 07:39 AM

4,261 posts, read 4,706,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I heard that Hanifin doesn't care much to resign with the Canes. What is he worth in trade?
He will be an RFA in June 2019, so his rights are limited. If the Canes don't work a trade first, it's near-certain they would give him a qualifying offer. I think Hanifin will be eligible to force arbitration by then, but that doesn't make sense if he wants out. Assume he doesn't go to arb and rejects the QO and gets an offer from another team. By matching the offer, the Canes could force him onto the roster; Hanifin would then have the option of Russia. Or the Canes could let him go and get a compensating draft pick based on the salary he gets from the other team. In any event it's hard to imagine the Canes would force him to play here against his will.

His current salary is $925K, so yes, teams might be willing to bite on a former #5 pick next season at that price. He has had three years of poor +/-. You might say he's still young, and he is, but Slavin and Pesce were playing better at age 21 than Hanifin has. He did score more this season than the previous two. You might get a decent 3rd or 4th line winger for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary