Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 10:50 AM

650 posts, read 929,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Serious Portion: I've always wanted to visit there, I need to add it to my bucket list (but probably not until late Sept, or when it cools down.

Not-so-serious portion: Wrong direction for good bbq, might consider tacking that onto a visit to Eastern Carolina Village & Farm Museum 1840-1940 Home. ---- where you will find some "great NC BBQ
I second the tranportation museum. It is mostly geared around trains. A full day of walking.

And Lexington does think they are the kings of bbq. We ate at Randys for diner before driving back to Raleigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2017, 11:31 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,726,442 times
Thank you for that great news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paytonc View Post
A co-worker of mine volunteers aboard the 611, and yes, there are trips planned for this fall.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:06 PM

459 posts, read 757,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
For those who don't know, if you live in Orange or Chatham County or work in Alamance County (in addition to residents of Alamance and other neighboring counties), you can join the Alamance County library for free . They have a program called a Zoom Pass where you can check out a pass for up to four people to go to the zoo, the transportation museum, Kidzu, the Greensboro Children's Museum, Life and Science Museum (this gets checked out first, it seems), as well as some local pools for free. My kids have been to the transportation museum, the zoo, and all the other museums several times already, but I'm planning on doing them each one more time this summer to fill in the cracks between camps and vacations.

https://www.alamancelibraries.org/lo...-library-card/

https://www.alamancelibraries.org/li...-pass-program/
I passed this info on to my daughter. She's lived in Alamance County almost a year and hadn't heard about this, even though she has a library card. She was excited about it and was able to reserve passes for the Greensboro Children's Museum. So thanks for posting!!!

Old 06-22-2017, 02:58 AM

9,779 posts, read 15,788,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorinCary View Post
I passed this info on to my daughter. She's lived in Alamance County almost a year and hadn't heard about this, even though she has a library card. She was excited about it and was able to reserve passes for the Greensboro Children's Museum. So thanks for posting!!!
Glad to hear it. That's what I love about this board. So much good information is shared.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:00 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,929,869 times
Merchants Mill Pond up in Sunbury. Rent or bring your own canoe or kayak. What out for them gaters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary