Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 06:47 AM

3 posts, read 4,497 times

Advertisements

I apologize for another relocation question..

. I want to have a general idea where to live incase I accept employment opportunities in this area.

I am 40yrs and have no kids.

Browsing Google Maps.. I see Morrisville, and Cary are between the 2 cities.

I main object is to live in a safe neighborhood with easy access to shopping..
Walking would be nice, but not required.
Greenways are a must...!!

Rent goal.. Absolute max $1000 for 1br.. Cheaper would be great. Just reccomend another city between Durham/ Raleigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 06:52 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,384,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlight View Post
I apologize for another relocation question..

. I want to have a general idea where to live incase I accept employment opportunities in this area.

I am 40yrs and have no kids.

Browsing Google Maps.. I see Morrisville, and Cary are between the 2 cities.

I main object is to live in a safe neighborhood with easy access to shopping..
Walking would be nice, but not required.
Greenways are a must...!!

Rent goal.. Absolute max $1000 for 1br.. Cheaper would be great. Just reccomend another city between Durham/ Raleigh.
There aren't any others.

My recommendation would be to get the job first, then decide where to live based on that location. There are lots of safe neighborhoods with access to shopping and greenways.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:53 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,597,753 times
The Brier Creek part of Raleigh would be a good mid point.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:56 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
Yup.

Raleigh and Durham entangle boundaries in that area, and it is a perfect midpoint for both downtowns.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:08 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
I used to live in an apartment up near Cary Parkway and Harrison (just off exit 287) and loved it.

Now I live in S. Cary, near Cary Parkway and Old Apex, in a house, and love it even more. Both are/were within a mile of walkable eateries and whatnot, and both are convenient to greenways. Where I am now, I can ride my bike to DT Durham (27 miles) and DT Raleigh (probably just under 20 miles) with very little of it on roads.

There are apartments everywhere, and I don't know rents anymore, but I think you can get in for that range. There are 3BR rentals in my hood, but they go for a little bit more.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:59 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
I agree. The family joke around our house is every time DH asks, "how long will it take us to get there" the answer is "25 minutes or less." Unless it's wake forest, Youngstown or out of the Triangle, it's nearly always accurate.

Your budget may not work here. But I agree that it's best to find the job then your residence.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:15 PM

3 posts, read 4,497 times
thanks for all the suggestions.. I will continue to browse this thread.. hopefully I have a job offer soon :-)

Old 06-26-2017, 07:41 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,874,930 times
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_ren...68_rect/10_zm/

Plenty of options for that range many right on a greenway trail.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:40 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
One of the reasons we picked Morrisville is because it was centrally located as we go into Raleigh and Durham pretty much equally. Outside of a few specific locations in the whole area, nothing meets the typical definition of walkable, but where we live is under a Mile from the intersection of Davis and Morrisville Carpenter roads where there are a couple of grocery stores and quite a few restaurants and we walk that all the time as there are sidewalks on both sides of the street.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:11 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Not really an answer to anything, but GF and I walked our 3 huskies last night to get a few items from the Food Lion. A mile each way, and I wrestled the dogs out front, while she ran in and grabbed a few things.

We commented on the way back about how nice it was to walk the dogs, park the car, and get groceries all at the same time.

I guess the relevance here is that I understand OP's desire for walkability. (Great! Now I'm thinking of Brian Setzer with a lisp. "Walkabilly") hahahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary