U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 07:26 PM

4 posts, read 15,769 times

Advertisements

Hi, My family and I are considering a move to Raleigh,NC. we are from Long Island. I was doing some research and I found a development in Raleigh named Bedford at Fall River. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this new development. This would be very helpful. Also, does anyone know any publishing companies in and around Raleigh? I'm an art director in New York working on a magazine and am trying to find similiar work in NC.
Any info would be very helpful.
Thanks again
Mike
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2006, 08:16 PM

41 posts, read 47,650 times
I do not live in Bedford, but I drive through it every day to get to the neighborhood I do live in which is adjacent to it. Bedford is a wonderul neighborhood with some really fantastic houses. If you haven't seen it already just google Bedford at Falls River and you can check out there website. They have a range of different style homes from townhouses to Bungalow, Cottage, Estate and Charleston style houses with huge wrap-around porches. Most of the homes are on small lots with nicley maicured lawns and shrubs although some do have slightly larger lots. Most of the homes I see have the garages in the back of the house with wide alleys running behind the homes so when you look down the mainstreet you only see the road and houses since all the cares and driveways are hidden in back of the house. All in all I think Bedford is worth Looking at. The only negative I can point out that the main access road to Bedford is Falls of THe Neuse Road which can be very crowded during Ruch hour times since so much development is going on even further north than Bedford. I can sometimes be ver difficult to turn left out of the Bedford subdivison in the moring beacause traffic on Falls of the Neuse is so steady and there is no traffice light. ALthough it is my understanding that the DOT plans to put a traffic light in there one day and widen the road, but who knows when that is actually going to happe!

Old 12-06-2006, 06:54 AM

2,834 posts, read 11,439,356 times
I would have to agree with the PP, bedford is wonderful! I have friends who live there, they have great amenities, nicely built homes, etc the only issue is the "getting out of the development on falls of neuse" during traffic periods.

I am usually going there during the day, and it isn't a problem, but I have seen the traffic backup in the evenings. I don't know if they have plans to change anything with the entrance, but that might want to be something you inquire about if you think it is going to be a problem

Leigh

Old 12-06-2006, 09:32 AM

94 posts, read 329,086 times
My cousin and his wife at Bedford and they love it.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:35 PM

271 posts, read 1,155,731 times
I concur, a very nice neighborhood. Won some award when they first started building in 2004 I believe. Nice mix of home builders too. All very respected. There are several pools, tennis courts, and even a farmers market around the "Town Square" part of the community. Ooh they have the best eggs and stuff from local farmers. Anyhoo. Definetly give it a look see.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:43 PM

404 posts, read 2,518,188 times
when is the farmers market

Old 12-06-2006, 03:49 PM

271 posts, read 1,155,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canine7 View Post
when is the farmers market
Off of Falls River Avenue, in the Bedford Community, near the Clock tower it is a set of buildings that sale vegetables, meats, and trickets on the weekends and what not. If you enter the community on Dunn Road and go around the big round about 3/4 of the way and drive straight you will see the signs for it.

Old 12-30-2006, 11:28 PM

1 posts, read 8,025 times
Smile Bedford

Hi Mike,

I am just about to arrange to build a home in Bedford. I am a Realtor here in Raleigh and I recently sold a home in Bedford. I love the neighborhood and I'm very excited about moving there!

Kate

Old 12-31-2006, 10:14 AM

12,451 posts, read 30,237,370 times
I love Bedford. So many of the agents in my office live in Bedford and Falls River (they meet up and actually have the same builders). I've sold so many homes and townhouses in Bedford and have only heard ONE complaint from all my clients. The complaint is the HOA dues. For the single family homes, its $70 per month. That includes the pool; however, a few of my clients do not have kids. The townhouses are about $140 per month. The reason the HOA dues are high for the single family homes is that you do get the use of the pool and all the common areas. There are tons of sidewalks and walking trails, parks and lakes.

If you choose to live in Falls River, the HOA dues are a bit cheaper since you get to decide IF you want to join the pool.

As for the traffic on Falls of the Neuse, if you live towards the back of Bedford, you can go thru Falls River Avenue and come out on Durant Road and not have the issue of turning left during peak hours. DOT has said they will widen Falls and put up a traffic light but who knows when!

Bedford and Falls River are two neighborhoods that I would like in, myself!!!

Vicki

Old 12-31-2006, 11:42 AM

9,721 posts, read 28,488,655 times
I just got back from taking a walk through Bedford. That is such a great area. I just love admiring all the homes. It feels like a town in itself. I too take the "Backway" through Falls River to get to Durant. Saves me the aggrevation of turning left onto Falls of The Neuse. I did see some surveyors out there a few weeks ago so hopefully they are making plans add a light and widen it sooner than later but who knows .

VickiR - can you tell me why the townhomes pay twice as much in HOA dues? Does that cover exterior maintenance or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary