Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 01:42 PM

28 posts, read 24,530 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I am narrowing down my search in Cary for when I scope out the local area for apartments. I initially wanted to rent a home but having no real knowledge of Cary, I may want to live in an apartment for the first year or so, get adjusted, and then go from there.

I was scouting for apartments that seem decently priced and have good reviews but I wanted to see if anyone has some input of their own or if you may know of a better option. Price range is between $800-$1200 for a 1 bedroom and it needs to be pet-friendly (I have 3 senior cats). The apartments are:

Century Tryon Place in Cary
Bexley at Triangle Park
Brampton Moors in Cary
Chancery Village
The Meadows at Kildaire in Cary

Oh! I did notice something a bit different than what I am used to in some of the amenities offered. I saw that they offered Washer/Dryer hook ups, does that mean I have to have my own machines or it'll be extra if they install some?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 02:04 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
I can't tell you about any of these specifically, but I wanted to make sure you were aware of the costs that you will have to deal with for the 3 cats. This is just one example from Bexley at Triangle Park (but probably very similar to the other properties):

Quote:
Pet Fees

$300 non-refundable for first pet
$200 non-refundable for each additional pet
$15 monthly per pet]
So - you'll be paying an extra $700 in non-refundable fees, plus $45 per month. (These kinds of things were why I only had one pet when I was a renter.) Additionally, many apartments limit the number of pets to two.

Yes, washer dryer hook up means you need to install them yourself. It is, however, worth asking if they have any units with them installed.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I can't tell you about any of these specifically, but I wanted to make sure you were aware of the costs that you will have to deal with for the 3 cats. This is just one example from Bexley at Triangle Park (but probably very similar to the other properties):

So - you'll be paying an extra $700 in non-refundable fees, plus $45 per month. (These kinds of things were why I only had one pet when I was a renter.) Additionally, many apartments limit the number of pets to two.

Yes, washer dryer hook up means you need to install them yourself. It is, however, worth asking if they have any units with them installed.

Yeah, the reason why I chose Bexley as an option was because they have a 3 pet limit for cats, which is perfect for me. In Miami, we have pet rent as well. It seems to be a trend not only in Raleigh but in Miami and Atlanta and probably other locations as well. Not a fan of it but what can we do, I love my cats to death and I will not leave them behind, ever. The pet rent price for 1 pet in Miami can actually be between $35-45 so this is not too bad.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:47 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,423,346 times
We lived at Chancery Village for 6 months while waiting for our home to be completed in 2013. . We had a 2BR 2BA and rented a garage as well. The apartment was really quite nice, the office staff pleasant, responsive and requests for repair handled promptly. There was a washer and dry in our unit.

The complex is in a good location, although it is situated on Rt 55 which is a busy road. Our apt was towards the back, close to the pool near a wooded area. In the time since we were there, a large shopping center was built nearby which is a huge plus.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
We lived at Chancery Village for 6 months while waiting for our home to be completed in 2013. . We had a 2BR 2BA and rented a garage as well. The apartment was really quite nice, the office staff pleasant, responsive and requests for repair handled promptly. There was a washer and dry in our unit.

The complex is in a good location, although it is situated on Rt 55 which is a busy road. Our apt was towards the back, close to the pool near a wooded area. In the time since we were there, a large shopping center was built nearby which is a huge plus.
Oh, awesome! Thanks for the info.

Old 07-10-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielscars View Post
Yeah, the reason why I chose Bexley as an option was because they have a 3 pet limit for cats, which is perfect for me. In Miami, we have pet rent as well. It seems to be a trend not only in Raleigh but in Miami and Atlanta and probably other locations as well. Not a fan of it but what can we do, I love my cats to death and I will not leave them behind, ever. The pet rent price for 1 pet in Miami can actually be between $35-45 so this is not too bad.
Under no circumstances was I suggesting that you leave them behind. THAT IS NOT AN OPTION, and I understand that.

You might also look in the Brier Creek area. Many apartment complexes and it's a convenient area to the entire Triangle.

Good luck and Welcome.

Old 07-10-2017, 03:09 PM

The Meadows is owned by a company that has 2 other apartment complexes nearby, with the same pet policies.

Bell Apex Apartments in Apex, NC (scroll down the page)

Old 07-10-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Under no circumstances was I suggesting that you leave them behind. THAT IS NOT AN OPTION, and I understand that.

You might also look in the Brier Creek area. Many apartment complexes and it's a convenient area to the entire Triangle.

Good luck and Welcome.
No worries at all! Thanks for the info and the assistance

Old 07-10-2017, 05:02 PM

683 posts, read 1,884,541 times
I've lived at Brampton Moors for 8 years now and really like it here. Beautiful neighborhood, safe, quiet. The rental office staff are very friendly. The apartments are a little older (but well maintained), so if you are looking for something newer/fancier, you may want to look elsewhere. My favorite part is that the apartments are very soundproof and I never hear any of my neighbors.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellemi808 View Post
I've lived at Brampton Moors for 8 years now and really like it here. Beautiful neighborhood, safe, quiet. The rental office staff are very friendly. The apartments are a little older (but well maintained), so if you are looking for something newer/fancier, you may want to look elsewhere. My favorite part is that the apartments are very soundproof and I never hear any of my neighbors.
Definitely don't mind if it is something a bit older, I'll check it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary