Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 08:18 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
My son lives oil Knightdale.

There were gang issues several years ago. The Knightdale PD stamped down hard including a curfew. Things are under control.
It must be the eclipse already where I am thanking Capital Blvd for being a voice of reason, and quick and to the point!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 08:35 AM

54 posts, read 46,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
If you took my statement "when we were moving here there was talk of gang activity" as a WARNING or anything other than putting it out there (and we were MOVING here, didn't LIVE HERE and people were talking about it....right here on CD) you are exceptionally dramatic.
I'm definitely more dramatic than you. I'd never take "gang activity" as anything but a "warning", it's not a heads up about an amenity, that's for sure.

Although from your comment about hearing about it from CD, I did search, and I see the references seem to be about teenagers and graffiti and gang "colors".

So not what I pictured for "gang activity" (adults involved in drug dealing, violence), so I certainly misinterpreted.
Not as big a deal but I'm glad to hear from CapitalBlvd's post the police cracked down.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:38 AM

54 posts, read 46,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
Very accurate and informative post! You are spot on with what you described above. There's also a nice 4th July event with food trucks, bands, family friendly things to do at the park. And there is a farmer's market throughout the summer, as well as other events. It really is as you described, "Small Town USA". Coming from a large British city, and having lived all over Raleigh since the 1970's, I feel at home in Knightdale
It's nice to hear you're enjoying it, even after seeing a large city. It is kind of hard to picture OP coming to Knightdale just for the heck of it, after spending the rest of the year in NYC and Aruba, figured they might get bored. But different strokes for everybody, I'm like you, I feel at home in a smaller city or town.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:49 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,481,207 times
Quote:
It must be the eclipse already where I am thanking Capital Blvd for being a voice of reason, and quick and to the point!
Thanks, I appreciate that.

I call things like I see them, both good and bad.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:33 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post

It's not centrally located to other things in the Triangle. It's on the far right from the Triangle / RTP. The amount of time and road rage it'd take me in "rush hour" traffic to commute to work in the RTP from Knightdale to the RTP would make me want to drive off a bridge.
it's really not that bad from 540. You're exaggerating.

Again, er being in NOVA for a period about a month ago, it reminded me that I can't even complain about Raleigh/triangle traffic. It's really child's play in comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtns2c View Post

I'm shocked that someone tried to warn you off of Knightdale due to gang activity. Were there actual stats or police reports?
I guess appearances could be deceiving, but I've never been in an area that felt as unsafe as certain areas of Raleigh or Durham. Seemed like just safe middle class and professionals in subdivisions, and rural areas.
Yeah...that's an old, rehashed now baseless "concern"... folks there tell me that the issue was mainly coming from the Parkside community about 5 years ago or so, but it has largely been cleaned up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Knightdale Station has done very well, as has Wendell Falls. For folks commuting to RTP, they'd suck (IMO, but we're inundated with folks who say anything less than an hour commute would be great).

And if you look at development options in Wake County, they mostly lie to the East. I see the area along 264 (or whatever interstate it becomes) as greatly increasing density over the next 10 years.
this.

Quote:
When Cap Blvd chimes in, saying, "Whoooooooooooa " ... you KNOW you're being an alarmist.

@RaleighLass good stuff

Old 07-23-2017, 10:55 AM

6,378 posts, read 5,494,209 times
If you can afford homes in NYC, and Aruba and still have enough to buy a third home in NC....I can't for the life of me figure out why Knightdale would be a top choice. Or even this area of the state at all. You want peaceful tranquil area with access to an airport...check out the Outer Banks. Pretty easy access to the Hampton Roads area of VA and their airport.

Have your fill of the beach with the home in Aruba? Check out the NC mountains. Buy a place near Boone which is beautiful in all 4 seasons.

Old 07-23-2017, 05:46 PM

259 posts, read 243,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
If you can afford homes in NYC, and Aruba and still have enough to buy a third home in NC....I can't for the life of me figure out why Knightdale would be a top choice. Or even this area of the state at all. You want peaceful tranquil area with access to an airport...check out the Outer Banks. Pretty easy access to the Hampton Roads area of VA and their airport.

Have your fill of the beach with the home in Aruba? Check out the NC mountains. Buy a place near Boone which is beautiful in all 4 seasons.
Amen brother!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary