Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 09:22 PM

70 posts, read 93,524 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info! I look forward to trying this place soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 05:57 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Coffee View Post
They opened this weekend! I look forward to trying it soon. Odd that they don't seem to have a website.
.. :: Welcome to Pho Sure - Vietnamese Healthy Choice Foods - ..

I think they are still In the soft opening stage.

Hot sauce and ketchup = cutesy code for wings and burgers.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:00 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,576,178 times
A neighbor posted on a different website that they had dined at Pho Sure last week, also confirming it was during their soft opening (they were training their staff and the meal was on the house).

They had only good things to say about the food, but I would reserve judgment until we can hear from someone who actually paid for their food (I know I'd be biased if it was free).

Old 10-09-2017, 05:47 PM

269 posts, read 321,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
.. :: Welcome to Pho Sure - Vietnamese Healthy Choice Foods - ..

I think they are still In the soft opening stage.

Hot sauce and ketchup = cutesy code for wings and burgers.
Thanks for the menu link.

For some reason "Hot Sauce and Ketchup" just doesn't hit the same part of my brain as "salt and lime". Seems like naming a bar "Ice Cubes and Maraschino Cherry".

Old 10-10-2017, 06:51 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
Quote:
Thanks for the menu link.

For some reason "Hot Sauce and Ketchup" just doesn't hit the same part of my brain as "salt and lime". Seems like naming a bar "Ice Cubes and Maraschino Cherry".
OR The Pickled Onion. (Which actually exists in Raleigh)

Old 10-15-2017, 10:09 AM

Tried out Pho Sure yesterday. It is set up as a semi-fast food type place (like Tenko). Order at the counter, and they bring the food to the table in plastic boxes/bowls. Prices are maybe a tad higher than the other Vietnamese restaurants in the area.

They are definitely trying to make the menu more appealing to the masses, with more descriptive menu names and a choice of sauces. I had the "salad bowl with house sauce" and some spring rolls. The spring rolls were kind of plain - too many noodles and not enough herbs. The salad bowl was quite good though and was loaded with really tasty beef.

Happy to have this new option in the area. With solid choices for Japanese, Mexican, Italian, and now Vietnamese, the intersection of Six Forks and Sawmill has become an under-the-radar foodie destination!

Old 10-15-2017, 07:43 PM

6,824 posts, read 9,059,808 times
Quote:
Tried out Pho Sure yesterday. It is set up as a semi-fast food type place (like Tenko). Order at the counter, and they bring the food to the table in plastic boxes/bowls. Prices are maybe a tad higher than the other Vietnamese restaurants in the area.

They are definitely trying to make the menu more appealing to the masses, with more descriptive menu names and a choice of sauces. I had the "salad bowl with house sauce" and some spring rolls. The spring rolls were kind of plain - too many noodles and not enough herbs. The salad bowl was quite good though and was loaded with really tasty beef.

Happy to have this new option in the area. With solid choices for Japanese, Mexican, Italian, and now Vietnamese, the intersection of Six Forks and Sawmill has become an under-the-radar foodie destination!
I went there. I don't see how you can call their menu descriptive? I saw just the opposite. I wanted to order Pho Tai, a pretty standard soup of lean, rare beef, bean sprouts, etc. On the menu it was something like P9. The women at the counter gets a B+ for being friendly. However, I tried asking her, "is P9 the same as Pho Tai?" (I believe the description was "beef noodle soup"). The soup was just OK.

I'll go back to Pho Far East where you order at the table and the food is better.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
I went there. I don't see how you can call their menu descriptive? I saw just the opposite. I wanted to order Pho Tai, a pretty standard soup of lean, rare beef, bean sprouts, etc. On the menu it was something like P9. The women at the counter gets a B+ for being friendly. However, I tried asking her, "is P9 the same as Pho Tai?" (I believe the description was "beef noodle soup").
I think your reply sums up what I meant by descriptive. My guess is most people who haven't frequented Vietnamese restaurants don't know what "Pho Tai" means but understand the meaning of "beef noodle soup". They are trying to appeal to a broader market.

This place won't be my go-to Vietnamese place, but I'm in that area frequently enough to appreciate the new option for lunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary