Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2017, 06:12 PM

51 posts, read 48,446 times

Advertisements

Hi there,
There have been prior posts inquiring about apartments for rent that accept pets, but I am wondering if there are any complexes that actually don't accept pets? :-) I guess I worry about barking dogs when being in such close quarters with your neighbors after having owned a home for 10 years. My family may be relocating to the area from MA, and after spending a lot of time looking at homes for sale and new construction, we've decided that it makes most sense to first rent and get familiar with the area and builders, before settling on a new home. I've been looking at apartments for rent in West Cary and Apex and Cornerstone and Bell Preston caught my attention, as well as Bradford "luxury" apts but those may be out of our price range. If you have any thoughts on these or other suggestions, and any that may be pet-free, that would be helpful. I actually doubt any are pet-free these days, as they would be limiting their clientele quite a bit.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 06:27 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
I also doubt that there are any complexes that are pet free, but you may have some luck with private home rentals.

Having said that though, I will say that I live in an apartment complex, and I never hear dogs, despite living next door to the neighborhood dog sitter. At any given time, he will have 3 or 4 dogs in addition to his own dog. The only time I hear them is when they hear me walking up the stairs and they bark at the door. But once I'm in my apartment, I don't hear them anymore. That's likely due to the layout of the apartment. The buildings are set up so that there are 4 apartments on each level (sort of a four square layout), and the wall I share with him is all laundry room, bathroom, and closet.

To be honest, I had more of an issue with my downstairs neighbors who had a pretty impressive surround sound system that they used for movies and gaming. Not much you can do about that.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:45 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
there are lots of individual homes and even townhomes that don't allow pets. I'd agree that most apartment complexes allow pets.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:10 AM

70 posts, read 93,490 times
Try Bexley at Carpenter Village. I'm not sure if pets are banned, but I never saw or heard any pets while I lived there. It's a safe area and the pool, fitness and business center are nice.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:38 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,827,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenblade View Post
Try Bexley at Carpenter Village. I'm not sure if pets are banned, but I never saw or heard any pets while I lived there. It's a safe area and the pool, fitness and business center are nice.
They certainly do accept pets. Up to three per apartment, max of two dogs. They even have a dog park. Bexley at Carpenter Village | Custom Page

Old 07-25-2017, 08:51 AM

51 posts, read 48,446 times
Thanks for the info. I checked Bexley as another option and notice that it seems to be assigned to year-round schools. We would prefer traditional calendar schools.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:31 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,274,314 times
A quick way to check is to go to their website and click on the Features section. Any place that allows pets will probably say pet friendly and have a supplemental pet policy associated with it.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:56 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,129,401 times
Most apartments accept pets. Your efforts are better served vetting apartment management enforcement policies. Having lived in numerous apartments over the year, I rarely found pets to be the issue. It was usually the recently divorced middle aged man that drank too much and stole my newspaper on Sunday morning. The two events were not necessarily related.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary