Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 08:13 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,939,394 times

Advertisements

I saw an episode of Motorweek earlier this year where they injected some kind of cleaner into HVAC system (from under the hood) that "washed" out the system removing a musty smell from the AC.

You could search Motorweek's website to find that clip, might work on cig smoke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 06:41 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,422,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Question really doesn't have anything to do with Raleigh or Durham--have you tried the Automotive board?
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
No purpose for these kinds of posts.
Lets read my initial question one more time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
Considering purchasing a vehicle from another state that was previously smoked in. Car is 3 years old with low miles and the smell is very faint. Does anyone know of a detailer or a product to remove the smell? I'm reading detailing forums and the guys there say ozone machines work very well. Some product called a smoke bomb as well. If anyone has experience with this please let me know.
Lets look at that bold word. I asked if anyone knew of a detailer that would get rid of the smell. Since I live in Raleigh it would obviously be best if this person were local. Which is why I posted in the Raleigh forum.

I also said I am reading detailing forums and asked about ozone machines and if anyone had experience. I am so sorry you two failed to actually read what I posted.

FYI I bought a car without smoke smell in another state.

Old 08-21-2017, 01:38 PM

386 posts, read 436,710 times
gotta remove the source, not mask it. Rent a steam cleaner and go over every inch of the interior with the hand attachment, especially the headliner.

Old 08-21-2017, 06:07 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,939,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
Lets read my initial question one more time

Lets look at that bold word. I asked if anyone knew of a detailer that would get rid of the smell. Since I live in Raleigh it would obviously be best if this person were local. Which is why I posted in the Raleigh forum.

I also said I am reading detailing forums and asked about ozone machines and if anyone had experience. I am so sorry you two failed to actually read what I posted.

FYI I bought a car without smoke smell in another state.
I meant there is no need for negative policeman posts, reminding of whether or not it was RDCHC specific..

I like talking about whatever subject I want to the Triangle posters, I feel like I know them and trust them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary