Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2017, 07:50 AM

51 posts, read 48,266 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Can't believe it but we've finally relocated to RTP and are living in the Preston/Weatherstone area. Are there any current recommendations for a pediatric dentist, and separately, a regular (adult) dentist near this area?

Also there appear to be a few libraries in Cary, which is great. Is there a preferred one with a better kids book selection (either downtown Cary or Regional appears closer to our area.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 08:59 AM

22,658 posts, read 36,720,937 times
West Regional is much bigger than downtown Cary but my suggestion is get your library cards and learn to use the online request system as it's easier to order the book(s) you want, if it isn't on the shelf at your library they will get it from another library that has it. Eva Perry library has a nice selection of books as well (it's in Apex). It's actually my favorite, West Regional is nice but it gets packed after school.

For a dentist we use West Cary Dental, and my kids have been going there as I didn't like the pediatric dentist we originally were referred to and the other pediatric dentists have a policy where if you have an afternoon appointment this time, your next one has to be in the morning....I don't have time for my kids to miss that much school. The best thing I can say about our original pediatric dentist is that his policy is non-school age kids get morning appointments and school age kids get the after school appointments.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:12 PM

70 posts, read 93,312 times
Dr. Ray Tseng is an awesome pediatric dentist. the office is on hwy 55 near high house rd. in Cary. he is very responsive and great with kids even when they're acting up. His staff is also kind and professional. We've been going there for years.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:50 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,253,080 times
We go to Eva Perry library and I have not been to others, so nothing to compare. But Eva Perry is great for the kids, there is a separate section and a large room where they do the kids events. Second the suggestion to order books online. Great kids books are rarely on the shelves.

You might want to join Nextdoor website if your subdivision is on it. There are tons of recommendations already posted.

I go to Riccobene Dental, they also have kids dentist. They are ok if you don't need anything special. But I feel they have become too "factory-like" and am considering switching.

Old 09-04-2017, 07:29 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,761,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat211 View Post
Hi,
Can't believe it but we've finally relocated to RTP and are living in the Preston/Weatherstone area.
Sounds more like you relocated to Cary, not RTP

West Regional Library is pretty popular with kids. It is shaped like a U and and entire half of the U is the kids and young adult section. Lot's of programs as well.

We use Goodall Family Dentistry at the corner or High House and Carpenter Upchurch Rd and have been really happy over the years

Old 09-05-2017, 12:57 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,983,551 times
For an adult dentist, I've been using Dr. Siti Lowery for years and I really like her. My kids also go to her. She's off Cary Parkway behind La Farm. (Corner of Cary Pkwy and High House).

Old 09-05-2017, 01:24 PM

6,650 posts, read 5,573,437 times
I go to Eissens Dentistry at NC 54 & NC 540

Old 09-10-2017, 06:41 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,735,986 times
I go to the library downtown Cary, closest one to me. I do request the books I want online then just pick them up i do also just browse but the section is not as good as Eva Perry. Part of the downtown revitalization is a new library which will be wonderful for me but it's still at least a year away, I think.

For adult dentist we love Cary Family Dental on Kildare Farm Rd. They may do kids too not sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary