Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 09:46 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 21 days ago)

43,176 posts, read 76,815,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Funny thing, it was originally a single restaurant in The Chicago area I beleive. I remember looking at their site when they first announced it was coming here (had maybe 3-4 locations at the time) and it looked like a decent place in a cool older building with nice atmosphere, they just didn't really transfer it over when doing the new space. People also really tend to overlook sound dampening when they do things like this as that really kills it for many people. I was at some event there in the bar and it was so freaking loud, you could barely hear without yelling st the top of your lungs. It was like an SNL skit of being in a club or something.

I too will be interested to see what takes that spot over. Someone on Nextdoor is clamoring for an Applebee's! What is wrong with people?
I would like to see a Good Pizza Joint...

Actually, good American fare would work for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 10:14 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,707,322 times
Quote:
I too will be interested to see what takes that spot over. Someone on Nextdoor is clamoring for an Applebee's! What is wrong with people?
Ugh please no. If I wanted microwave reheated vomit thrown onto a plate I'd go dig in a dumpster behind Walmart for discarded tv dinners. Applebee's is a dying breed of restaurant that couldn't adapt to changing clientele and gave up.

Applebee's Gives Up On Millennials After Failed Rebranding Efforts : The Salt : NPR

Old 09-05-2017, 11:37 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,163,891 times
Applebee's? Noooo.

Old 09-05-2017, 12:16 PM

11,208 posts, read 8,263,272 times
Cary needs a GOOD Irish Pub. Doherty's is a great one, but there is room for another. (I love Doherty's especially for their food). I'd like to see something akin to Tir na Nog was in Raleigh, with a vibrant scene and a decent venue for live music. Their food was alright, but there has been a void in the area with the scene they had.

Bring on the Craic

Old 09-05-2017, 12:44 PM

19,397 posts, read 27,703,839 times
Quote:
Funny thing, it was originally a single restaurant in The Chicago area I beleive. I remember looking at their site when they first announced it was coming here (had maybe 3-4 locations at the time) and it looked like a decent place in a cool older building with nice atmosphere, they just didn't really transfer it over when doing the new space. People also really tend to overlook sound dampening when they do things like this as that really kills it for many people. I was at some event there in the bar and it was so freaking loud, you could barely hear without yelling st the top of your lungs. It was like an SNL skit of being in a club or something.

Nah. It sounds like Bar Louie every night. (which is why we never go there anymore.)

Old 09-05-2017, 12:57 PM

22,651 posts, read 36,657,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Applebee's? Noooo.

Ugh, agree. DD keeps trying to get me to take her there and I keep telling her she's not missing anything.

Old 09-05-2017, 12:59 PM

22,651 posts, read 36,657,128 times
Quote:
I was at some event there in the bar and it was so freaking loud, you could barely hear without yelling st the top of your lungs. It was like an SNL skit of being in a club or something.

?
That's what First Watch in the Bradford is like. I've no interest in trying to shout while I'm eating. That's not even a bar, heck it's not even open for dinner!

Old 09-05-2017, 07:19 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,534,233 times
https://consumerist.com/2016/10/17/w...or-bankruptcy/

Old 09-05-2017, 07:46 PM

6,355 posts, read 5,448,972 times
Went here once....4 out of the 6 folks I went with got sick afterwards (fortunately my stomach is made of Iron so I was one of the lucky 2). Food tasted fine but was over priced and the service was painfully slow. This was 2 years ago and I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:19 PM

102 posts, read 148,772 times
I'm fine with more value chain
Logan's, Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden...

I honestly think a Cheddar's would do well here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary