Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 09:07 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,540,830 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 09:09 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,540,830 times

Old 09-05-2017, 09:34 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,258,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Cary needs a GOOD Irish Pub. Doherty's is a great one, but there is room for another. (I love Doherty's especially for their food). I'd like to see something akin to Tir na Nog was in Raleigh, with a vibrant scene and a decent venue for live music. Their food was alright, but there has been a void in the area with the scene they had.

Bring on the Craic
I like Trali. Morrisville location is convenient to most of Cary.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
That's what First Watch in the Bradford is like. I've no interest in trying to shout while I'm eating. That's not even a bar, heck it's not even open for dinner!
Speaking of Bradford, this is unrelated to the thread, but what's with the new Tropical Smoothie Cafe? There's literally two tables in the whole place. Went there with the family and walked out cause there was no where to sit and eat lunch. I know the focus is on smoothies, but they have quite a few lunch options too.

Just seems strange for a brand new restaurant.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:42 PM
ERH

1,699 posts, read 2,528,046 times
I vote for Olive Garden. Crossroads is such a headache to get in and out of; we usually hop on the toll road and go to the Holly Springs location.

Cheddars would also be a good choice. Applebee's??!! Heck NOOOOOO!

Old 09-06-2017, 03:16 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERH View Post
I vote for Olive Garden. Crossroads is such a headache to get in and out of; we usually hop on the toll road and go to the Holly Springs location.

Cheddars would also be a good choice. Applebee's??!! Heck NOOOOOO!
Please no, the world doesn't need more Olive Gardens with their pseudo-sourced Italian food.

I'd be in favor of a legit delicious Italian restaurant though, akin to what 518 West used to be in downtown Raleigh.

Old 09-06-2017, 04:56 AM

678 posts, read 737,313 times
You want a Olive Garden, but not Applebee's?? lololol

There's gotta be some local chefs/restaurateurs that would like to open something at that location

Old 09-06-2017, 05:25 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,291,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpains29 View Post
You want a Olive Garden, but not Applebee's?? lololol

There's gotta be some local chefs/restaurateurs that would like to open something at that location
Based on the location, I'd almost guarantee it will either be a chain, or part of a large restaurant group. I'm sure the rent is high, and the cost to get in is prohibitive for a "budding chef" (which I grant, you did not specify). In general, I think places like that probably draw a crowd that is slightly more sophisticated than Applebees and Olive Garden, but probably not ready for Bida Manda and Standard Food either.

I'm not doing a very good job saying what I mean. I guess it's that that area will require some "flash", and I just don't think a restaurant in a place like that is going to thrive on substance (food) alone. It's going to need to be backed by a LOT of money.

Ruckus
Chipotle
Bad Daddy's
etc...

All are mostly upscale chains, or local chains. Exceptions are the Oyster place (meh) and Travinia (which clearly has money behind it, and is also "meh" compared to other similarly priced options for similar food in a 5 mile radius).

The total chains (Buffalo Wild Wings, Chili's, etc) are on the outparcels, not right up near the theater or walkable part of the development.

If I had to guess, I'd think it's going to be something along those lines. I could also see some kind of big "family friendly" place like Fuddruckers, Chuey's or whatnot. Not my wish, but I think that's the reality. I hope I'm wrong.

EDIT: I bet a Bahama Breeze would kick arse there. I've never been to one, but based on a recent thread about the Raleigh Location, and in general, I think that's the kind of place that would draw enough people. Probably would not get me in there often, but I'd try it.

Old 09-06-2017, 05:36 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,033,287 times
Betcha Denny's would do a killer biz....

Old 09-06-2017, 05:46 AM

I remember hearing that that Buffalo WW was closing as well. Not sure if there's truth to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary