Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2008, 12:53 PM

14 posts, read 35,161 times

Advertisements

We may be transferring to raleigh through my husbands job. He would be working right in Raleigh. He'd like to be in the general area 8-10 mile commute is ok.
I have been on line looking at different communities but Iam lost.
I am looking for a community in the 200,000 220,000 price range, with a community pool and rec. center (kid friendly), and fairly decent size lots Not Huge, but not right on top of eachother either) I have 4 children two of which are in middle school. I am not sure about how the schools work down there and I'd like them off at the same time as I am understanding that it is year round school down there? We will be coming from Connecticut.
HELP!! I have been looking on line at several homes and I have a list of several communities I am just not sure whats what.
Thanks for your help anybody!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 01:21 PM

1,007 posts, read 5,664,053 times
You've got a large task ahead of you as there is so much information. Need clarification on decent size lot. More than .20 acres? Need a garage? Right in Raleigh where? How large of a home were you thinking of? Lots of questions. At least it is a good time to buy right now, but you should cruise the areas. Sometimes you get a pretty good feeling just by doing that on where you want to live. Maybe somewhere like NW Raleigh -a subdivsion named Woodlawn or Harrington Grove but lots aren't very big.. maybe around .20-.25 acres. same with a subdivision named Delta Ridge..a little newer. Perhaps Hedingham subdivision- East of Capital Blvd. Then there is Cary, a subdivsion named Northwoods . it is going to depend how old of a home and there aren't that many in this price range. They typically sell pretty quick in this price range. You may have to tweak your criteria once you view the area.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:33 PM

307 posts, read 672,874 times
If you find a place that meets your specs with an 8 to 10 mile commute, you might want to test driving from the place to his job at 7:30AM and at 5:15PM. Depending on where you are, the horrible traffic around here could add more time to his commute than he is expecting.

It's a surprise to see your price range for a home since you're moving from Connecticut. I always thought homes there were much more expensive in Connecticut than they are here.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:03 PM

9 posts, read 19,716 times
Check out sunset oaks in holly springs.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:27 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,824,929 times
It REALLY depends where "in Raleigh" his job is. I live in Raleigh and work in Raleigh, but my 16-mile commute from North Raleigh to downtown takes me 35 minutes! Where would his job be? Talking "8-10 mile commute" is impossible without knowing that.

Not ALL of the schools here are year-round, and it seems to change often. I don't have kids in school, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary