Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 08:59 AM

770 posts, read 2,753,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
Yep, followed that advice and it worked flawlessly.
You sent in a non-driver affadavit to raleigh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 08:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,395 times
Raleigh has had red-light cameras in continuous operation since 2004.
You do not have to pay a red-light camera ticket in North Carolina. See Red Light Cameras ? Never Pay in Raleigh, Greenville, Fayetteville, Wilmington

Cary and Knightdale terminated their red-light camera programs in 2012 and 2013. I sued Cary. I talked to Knightdale.

Old 01-27-2019, 08:18 AM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,684 times
I think this was the latest thread on traffic cams -

A feature on the CBS morning news today about how more cameras may be put into use and, something I didn't know, the fine for a cam violation is $50 / no points whereas if caught by the police it's $100 / 3 points.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:15 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,163,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceccareb View Post
You do not have to pay a red-light camera ticket in North Carolina. See Red Light Cameras ? Never Pay in Raleigh, Greenville, Fayetteville, Wilmington

Cary and Knightdale terminated their red-light camera programs in 2012 and 2013. I sued Cary. I talked to Knightdale.

Interesting. But I wonder how much of this is 100% factual? Have you used these methods?

Old 01-27-2019, 01:59 PM

6,107 posts, read 4,601,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
Any volunteer to run through one and see what happens? The city website says these are still active.
  • Peace at West - East Bound
  • New Hope Church at Brentwood - East Bound
  • Dawson at Morgan - South Bound
  • Dawson at South Street - South Bound
  • New Bern at Tarboro - East Bound
  • Martin Luther King at Blount - West Bound
  • Six Forks at Rowan - South Bound
  • Capital at Highwoods - North Bound
  • Wilmington at Chapanoke - South Bound
  • McDowell at Morgan - North Bound
  • New Bern at I440 (Inner) – East Bound
  • New Bern at I440 (Outer) - West Bound
  • Capital at New Hope Church - North Bound
  • Six Forks at Dartmouth Rd - North Bound
Thank you for the list but please DON'T take the Wizard up on this very bad idea (maybe he wasn't really serious (?)).

Old 01-27-2019, 03:14 PM

4,261 posts, read 4,705,470 times
Not serious, but if anyone runs one unintentionally, I'd like to know the outcome.

Old 01-27-2019, 03:44 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,351,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceccareb View Post

There is an easier solution: just don't run a red light. Really, it is that easy and it is much safer than doing so and then trying to avoid a fine.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:30 AM

3,304 posts, read 8,554,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
Interesting. But I wonder how much of this is 100% factual? Have you used these methods?
I received a violation a couple years ago. I was driving in an area that I was unaware had two lights within a couple hundred yards of each other and the 2nd one had a red light camera (DT Raleigh area) and I looked down for a second after going through the first green and when I looked up I noticed the 2nd light was red. I was right at the line and I quickly glanced left and decided it would be safer to run the light at that point than slam on my breaks and stop in the middle of the intersection.

Long story short, I used this method and my ticket disappeared. There are so many stipulations in this law since it' not a traffic offense, but rather a civil offense that they can't prove. They can't prove who the driver is/was and they can't make you tell them. They also can't verify you ever knew about the offense unless they send you a certified letter, which they won't do for a $50 fine. Follow those instructions and you will get your ticket dismissed. Easy peasy...

Old 06-19-2019, 02:18 PM

2 posts, read 3,395 times
Default Red-Light Cameras, Yellow Light Engineering - All Malpractice

I am the author of redlightrobber.com.

You never have to pay a ticket in any city in North Carolina.

I cite references to the specific State laws and cities ordinances which you may use to never pay a ticket. I put those references in the affidavits.

Please understand that the ticket you see in front of you is extortion. It threatens you to do things that you are obliged to do. For example, the ticket mentions only those legal options which force you to pay. The ticket deliberately omits the legal option that allows you not to pay without finking on the driver. This omission is fraud. I have talked to mayor, some of the council members, the police, the Safelight directory, face-to-face. They all know it. They all deliberately commit the felony in this State. The Cary News even published this fraud, a front page story years ago.

The fraud goes far deeper than your ticket. In the end, the yellow lights are the problem. Set by engineering malpractice, the yellows are programmed to make you run red lights. It's physics thing. Over 70% of all tickets dispensed in Raleigh occur within a fraction of section. 50% within the blink of an eye which not even a driver can discern that he ran a red light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary