Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2008, 01:24 PM

8 posts, read 37,200 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

My 3-year old daughter is expressing an interest in dance - especially ballet and tap.

I was thinking of trying out a summer dance camp and seeing how she likes it.

I would like her to get a good foundation of technique of course, but mostly I want her to have a fun time, to have a good first experience discovering the joy of dance.

Reasonable prices would be appreciated too.

Would anyone have recommendations for any schools in the Cary area?

I saw some schedules for Triangle Academy of Dance and Premier School of Dance, and there's lots of other schools as well in the area. I don't really know where to begin!

Thanks for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 01:54 PM

336 posts, read 1,495,324 times
the town of cary offers ballet for her age!!

http://www.townofcary.org/depts/prdept/bro01/dance.pdf (broken link)

Old 03-16-2008, 03:16 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,984,591 times
I'd recommend Dancer's Pointe for someone her age. The teacher (Miss Jentry) is amazing with little girls. My dd started taking dance with her when she was 4 years old and Jentry is amazingly patient with the little girls and makes it really fun for them. She mixes the real ballet terms with fun things (for instance, one position is called "Tinkerbell" and another "Captain Hook"). I'm going to sign my 3 year old up next year.

Dancers Pointe

Old 03-16-2008, 10:17 PM

8 posts, read 37,200 times
@mamaof2: Thanks! We've taken the parent/tot tumbling class in the past with "Coach K" and she's great! I wish we could take her ballet class, but she's not teaching it over the summer.

@WorkingMomof2: Thanks for the suggestion for Dancer's Pointe. It does seem like the kind of thing we're looking for.

Any other suggestions/recommendations out there? Or places to avoid? You can IM me privately if you don't feel comfortable posting here.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:26 AM
cmd

50 posts, read 129,684 times
My daughter goes to The Academy for the Performing Arts in downtown Apex. She's in the 3-4 yr old class. We've been happy there. I live in Cary and it takes me about 10 minutes to get there. Here's the website: Dancing Instruction, Dance Classes, Modern Dance, The Academy for the Performing Arts, Apex, NC

HTH!

Old 03-17-2008, 07:10 AM

260 posts, read 637,894 times
Our daughters go to CBC ( Cary Ballet Conservatory on Cary Parkway. They like it there.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:35 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,145,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachivalay View Post
Our daughters go to CBC ( Cary Ballet Conservatory on Cary Parkway. They like it there.
I was looking at the CBC site because I was interested in sending my daughters this summer, but they still don't seem to have a summer schedule online. Do you have any idea if they are offering summer classes for 3 & 4 year olds?

Old 03-18-2008, 07:55 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,984,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Lurk View Post
I was looking at the CBC site because I was interested in sending my daughters this summer, but they still don't seem to have a summer schedule online. Do you have any idea if they are offering summer classes for 3 & 4 year olds?
I don't know about the CBC, but I know that Dancers Pointe is offering mini-summer classes. I think I'm going to sign my 3 yo for that to see how she does before I commit to "real" classes.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:50 AM

54 posts, read 256,343 times
Cary's Little Gym is good. My daughter likes going there.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 5,907 times
Default Holly Springs School of Dance

Experienced teachers, focus on the child, recital and other performing opportunities. Many classes and camps. Highly recommended!

[url=http://www.hollyspringsdance.com]The Holly Springs School of Dance > Home[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary