Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 11:42 AM

164 posts, read 143,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Break in and make your own pizza. Show some dedication!
Or walk across the street to Primo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 02:29 PM

141 posts, read 163,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
The BK on 55 in Cary is so nasty, I'm shocked it's still open. With the HT gone, it's probably just a matter of time.

BK hasn't kept up with the times really. Say what you want about McDonalds, but they're usually pretty clean, the newer ones are nice and modern, they have WiFi, etc.
I drove by the Burger King on 55 today, and they actually appear to actually be remodeling the store. About time IMO.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:43 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,272,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingocat1000 View Post
I drove by the Burger King on 55 today, and they actually appear to actually be remodeling the store. About time IMO.
I noticed that today too actually...surprising!

Old 10-15-2017, 08:02 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Millennials are probably killing off Burger King
Burger King has killed off Burger King.

I frequented a Burger King during lunch breaks over four years ago when I worked for a previous employer. Quality and service at the location was consistently bad. As I dined inside, I watched numerous vehicles park along the curb past the second drive thru window. Their orders came out ten minutes later. Customers returned complaining the food was beyond burnt or completely frozen. I switched over to Cook Out, which had better quality food, better service, and better prices. The Burger King location closed in 2014.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:28 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,723,038 times
Bacon double cheeseburger and an apple pie, and I'm good. I don't bother with the fries there either.

Speaking of closed stores, there's one on 55 in Apex near the interchange with 1, right next to a McDonald's. Wonder how much longer before someone repurposes that lot...

Old 10-17-2017, 06:03 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,727,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
They've also closed a few marginal locations recently; The former locations in Raleigh by Meredith College and North Durham by the Goodwill both had interiors that looked like something out of the 1980s
The one at the corner of Litchford and Harps Mill in North Raleigh closed earlier this year as well.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:23 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,477,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
The one at the corner of Litchford and Harps Mill in North Raleigh closed earlier this year as well.
That old BK didn't look like a typical BK, but it definitely looks like it was stuck in the '80s or '90s

Old 10-18-2017, 07:02 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,597,089 times
The facelift on the Burger King at 55 & GLW looks to be like the new style of Wendy's and McDonald's - modernistic, clean lines. I do not think a new store front is going to bring BK back to it's glory days though.
Taco Bell has a policy of once a building reaches 20 years old, they tear it down and build a new one. Seems like a good policy to me. I could only imagine the nastiness that builds up over 2 decades in a fast food restaurant.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:52 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Burger King has killed off Burger King.

I frequented a Burger King during lunch breaks over four years ago when I worked for a previous employer. Quality and service at the location was consistently bad. As I dined inside, I watched numerous vehicles park along the curb past the second drive thru window. Their orders came out ten minutes later. Customers returned complaining the food was beyond burnt or completely frozen. I switched over to Cook Out, which had better quality food, better service, and better prices. The Burger King location closed in 2014.

This. They are typically horribly run. Poor service + aging facilities + marginal product = declining business model. I see the same thing happening with Pizza Hut.

It really makes you wonder who is running the company. If they can't realize what a poor product they are putting out they shouldn't be in the position they are in.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:25 PM

164 posts, read 143,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
Taco Bell has a policy of once a building reaches 20 years old, they tear it down and build a new one. Seems like a good policy to me. I could only imagine the nastiness that builds up over 2 decades in a fast food restaurant.
You can see it in the difference between the Taco Bell on Walnut Street in Cary and the one on Kildaire Farm Road. (not saying the one on KDF is nasty. I eat there weekly. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary