Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2017, 01:18 PM

95 posts, read 224,251 times

Advertisements

I'll be throwing a birthday party and am curious about helium tanks...either to purchase or rent. "Balloon Time" seems to be the one brand I can find to buy, but reviews are quite mixed regarding the quality of helium (some say their balloons didn't even float) and the number of balloons that can be filled, so now I'm thinking maybe a rental instead.

Anyone have any experience to share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 01:28 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,457,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nene817 View Post

Anyone have any experience to share?
I used to suck in helium and answer the phones at Pizza Hut in high school. It was fun.

Sorry, haven't ever gotten a tank just wanted to share!

Old 10-23-2017, 06:52 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,968,766 times
options:
A. rent. it's cheap and you do the work.
B. buy balloons and have them filled at a party store.
C. this is what we have done...buy it all at a local party store.
have them delivered. it costs $11 more. worth every penny.
oh, and the delivery tip, but it is so worth it.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:15 AM

326 posts, read 385,080 times
We faced this same question recently and decided it was cheaper to just have the balloons filled at a party store. We purchased the latex balloons online because my wife wanted music themed balloons and couldn't find them in a local store. We then brought the balloons to "Balloons and Tunes" in Carrboro on the morning of the party to have them filled (latex balloons should be filled on the morning of the party, mylar balloons can be filled ahead of time).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary