Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 06:34 PM

1,256 posts, read 1,182,534 times

Advertisements

Haha. Where did you eat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 04:03 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,478,379 times
Big Ed's, Farmer's market restaurant, Beasley's, some place in Apex, the restaurant in the airport. The food is drenched in too much oil. The people who live there sure like it.

The biscuits at the farmers market were okay. I think KFC's are better. Lol! Back to home cooking. The people are nice.

I almost got had. I was going to pay $40 for a cab to go from the airport to downtown Raleigh. I knew something was wrong so I got out the cab. I found a bus that took me for free. Uber is convenient but can add up. It is interesting to hear the different perspectives of the people who live there. Some hate it. Some think it is the best place on earth. It appears the majority I encountered are not from there. It was refreshing to hear southern accents from time to time.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:41 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,579,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
Big Ed's, Farmer's market restaurant, Beasley's, some place in Apex, the restaurant in the airport. The food is drenched in too much oil. The people who live there sure like it.

The biscuits at the farmers market were okay. I think KFC's are better. Lol! Back to home cooking. The people are nice.

I almost got had. I was going to pay $40 for a cab to go from the airport to downtown Raleigh. I knew something was wrong so I got out the cab. I found a bus that took me for free. Uber is convenient but can add up. It is interesting to hear the different perspectives of the people who live there. Some hate it. Some think it is the best place on earth. It appears the majority I encountered are not from there. It was refreshing to hear southern accents from time to time.
did you take a cab or a Uber? lol.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:10 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,594,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post

Oh good! I am not the only one that dislikes Beasley's. Haven't been to the others.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:38 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
went to at least 3 places that fry a lot of their food, and didn't like the oiliness. Other than the food, I hope you enjoyed your visit.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:33 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,579,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
Oh good! I am not the only one that dislikes Beasley's. Haven't been to the others.
what's your favorite fried chicken place around here?

Old 11-07-2017, 07:46 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,594,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
what's your favorite fried chicken place around here?
Personally, I am not that big into fried chicken. But I thought that Beasley's fried chicken was overly dry - I prefer moist meat. I also thought the waffle was over cooked. Just was not a fan. I would much rather have Bojangle's or KFC - at least their chicken is not dry.

Old 11-07-2017, 03:43 PM

1,256 posts, read 1,182,534 times
Popeyes is the standard I hold all fried chicken to.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
did you take a cab or a Uber? lol.
It was a cab but I did not take it. I took the bus for free. I took uber for everything else. It is pretty awesome. It does not work so well where I live. They wanted to charge $60 over price at the airport. I took a yellow taxi home.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
Yuck. The macaroni sucked. The collard greens had some cream sauce. It smelled bad. I had to set it outside my room. I wanted Poole's macaroni but they do not do take out and I was exhausted. They were both crowed. I do not get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary