Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 05:08 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,775,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I don't know any of the families, and would not know at all if any of them are lovely or nice, even. So, I would give them the benefit of the doubt on that point.
I DO know from her work that the snotty blogger is not a nice person at all. Certainly not "lovely."

And, to be clear... None of these personal homes appeal to me, and none are in a style I would choose to build. I just don't care for specific and personal self-righteous public humiliation of others' home choices.
I agree with you. She's right on many points, but I'm not sure what her end-game is. If she's trying to make her way in any related industry, she'd be at the bottom of my list of possibilities. If she's on a mission to get people in line with their home building/renovating ideas, that's not gonna work either. Or maybe she's just OCD.

Old 10-26-2017, 05:58 AM

326 posts, read 384,582 times
Quote:
I don't know any of the families, and would not know at all if any of them are lovely or nice, even. So, I would give them the benefit of the doubt on that point.
I DO know from her work that the snotty blogger is not a nice person at all. Certainly not "lovely."

And, to be clear... None of these personal homes appeal to me, and none are in a style I would choose to build. I just don't care for specific and personal self-righteous public humiliation of others' home choices.
I have to agree with Mike on this. I find 'condescension towards other people' to be a particularly useless quality in a person and she has it in spades.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:09 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,757,759 times
It is interesting, go in an older home and you can tell it was designed from the outside and there will be weird room and window combinations. Now houses are designed form the inside and you get weird things outside.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:22 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,238,444 times
It would be interesting to see front of # 1. What do you see from the road?

Old 10-26-2017, 06:22 AM

678 posts, read 737,404 times
Oh man, these houses are awful. The housing market collapse in 2008 was partly due to building these abominations

Old 10-26-2017, 06:26 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,871,853 times
Wow, some of the judgemental comments scream tiny penis syndrome. Don't like the house, fine, but making character assessments from a photo is beyond sad.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:29 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,595,059 times
Quote:

I have to agree with you here. And then having the gall to ask for "donations".....

Old 10-26-2017, 06:34 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:

Damn shame the thread wasn't closed right after this post. You pretty much nailed it.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:46 AM

6,374 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Sent this link to my dad (high-end builder and architect in Cary/N-Raleigh for almost 30 years)...

He designed and or built 2 of these houses. He wouldn't tell me which ones! (though if any of them are in Bay Leaf Farms or Devon....he built most of the homes in those neighborhoods so I'd guess those).

Also my favorite comment is the "Copper-top bay window...a North Carolina staple!".... very accurate!. haha.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:52 AM

703 posts, read 779,509 times
Quote:

Sorry I can't rep you on this post Mike (gotta spread more love around, apparently), but you're right on the mark.

It's amazing how many folks seem to mistake snark for intelligence these days.

Last edited by Thr3stripe; 10-26-2017 at 07:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary