Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 08:41 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
I went to Crabtree right before the storm to get something at Belk (that Southpoint didn't carry).That day Macy's was CLOSED with the gates up in front of the doors.
I also stopped by Sears during their closing sale, but Unfortunately the item I bought there couldn't fit me, so I'm going to donate it. I also seen the Brookstone that is closing but that's not really a type of store that I go to, so I didn't check it out.

But yeah, it's still pretty vibrant right now. I would like to see another department store (Von Maur, Dillard's, a relocated Sak's or even a relocated JCPenney) and possibly a hotel onsite even though the former isn't really possible due to landlocked location. I know Greensboro's mall, Four Seasons put in a bowling alley/grill; maybe Crabtree could put one of those (or a dinner theater) in as well.
I think an in-mall theatre with dining would work well, even if it was only a few screens.

Old 12-22-2018, 07:19 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,847 times
Tired of garbage showing up that I ordered but isn't as described and having to repackage and drop off I have made a 180 and am back to purchasing almost everything at brick and mortar stores. I sure is nice to see the item in person before purchasing it. Anyway..... having recently visited both Triangle Town Center and Crabtree I assure you Crabtree is not dying. Large possibility that TTC will, but Crabtree definitely not. That place is out of control with shoppers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2018, 07:25 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
I sure is nice to see the item in person before purchasing it.
Especially shoes. Never, ever online again.

Old 12-22-2018, 08:01 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
Especially shoes. Never, ever online again.

Haha I agree. Terrible experience.

Old 12-22-2018, 06:26 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,163,456 times
Crabtree should be the new arena location! They get plenty of practice with the traffic loads for 1 month a year!

Old 12-22-2018, 07:29 PM

3,318 posts, read 2,335,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Tired of garbage showing up that I ordered but isn't as described and having to repackage and drop off I have made a 180 and am back to purchasing almost everything at brick and mortar stores. I sure is nice to see the item in person before purchasing it. Anyway..... having recently visited both Triangle Town Center and Crabtree I assure you Crabtree is not dying. Large possibility that TTC will, but Crabtree definitely not. That place is out of control with shoppers.
Crabtree is not anywhere close to dying, that place is packed every time I go. I was there last week and the parking garage and open lots were full to the brim. It's been over a year since I last went to TTC, it was incredibly depressing how empty it was.

Old 12-22-2018, 07:39 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,934,898 times
Everyone please email crabtree on their website and express what you'd like to see.

I think they need to renovate, brighten up the main concourse, and replace all of the drywall with some nicer finishes like Lenox Square in Atlanta.

Most of all I want Glenwood Ave to receive a streetscape improvement with sidewalks, planters, underground power lines, decorative street lights and mast-arm traffic signals.

Raleigh's thoroughfares are pretty sloppy-looking compared to other cities that are sprucing up.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:47 AM

2,503 posts, read 3,537,677 times
Redevelopment of Sears pad forthcoming: 30-story tower at the corner with office, hotel, restaurant, entertainment. Rendering appears to show an outdoor plaza on the upper level.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...velopment.html

Old 06-25-2019, 09:59 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paytonc View Post
Redevelopment of Sears pad forthcoming: 30-story tower at the corner with office, hotel, restaurant, entertainment. Rendering appears to show an outdoor plaza on the upper level.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...velopment.html

Wow.
The owners of Cary Towne Center could do this, I think, too.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:02 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Wonder how the 440 & Glenwood project is going to affect this - that tower is going to be awfully close to the Glenwood/Creedmoor where they are planning on making improvements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary