Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2017, 08:20 PM

609 posts, read 505,674 times

Advertisements

Does anyone live in/drive through this area regularly? What's the overall vibe of this area?m From Google Maps, it really looks like a great neighborhood.
I know I can look at lots of analytics data online, but I want to hear/read from people who actually know the area.
The reason for my inquiry is because someone I know (who lives out of state) is interested in purchasing a business around the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 05:12 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,476,626 times
I don't live on Guess/Horton, but I would say the immediate area isn't too bad.

As far as the vibe, there are two older (1980s era) strip malls, a standalone Harris Teeter, two drugstores and two fast food restaurants. An apartment complex or two (see: apartments behind Food Lion) might raise an eyebrow, but you're also near Croasdaile Farm, which is a large, upscale housing community (single homes there sell for at least $400K, some cost around $1M).

Old 10-31-2017, 07:08 AM

520 posts, read 1,016,295 times
We live just north of that area about 2 miles & drive through the intersection often.

The intersection is always very busy. Overall Guess Road is pretty busy with traffic.
It does have sidewalks - I will run there some times because it is paved from my cross street down several miles, and a few intersections have cross walks.
That said, none of the side roads or neighborhoods have sidewalks, so this isn't really a walkable area. As Renownedtheworldaround said, there are a few apartment complexes right on Guess that could take advantage of the sidewalks, but that is it. Anyone going to the stores, is most likely driving to them.

The side streets go back into older, established neighborhoods. Even those are changing & seeing development where there are lots available.
A few months back, about 2 miles up at the intersection of Latta & Guess a project for a mixed use (apartments, townhouses, Publix and a few other small businesses) was shot down. Neighborhood folks who didn't want it were very vocal - despite all the concessions the company was throwing in for improvements (sidewalks, traffic work, etc). Gives the impression the neighborhoods are not very business friendly.

If you look at the two strip malls at that intersection, it is pretty basic, nothing up scale. Laundry, Dollar Store & Ollies Discount store, a few average price restaurants, nail salon, paint store, Food Lion, Starbucks coffee, dance studio/gym, and I think a dental place on the back side of the one plaza.

I guess it depends on what type of business your friend is looking at? I don't believe an upscale boutique or clothing type store would work here. Nor would a fancier, pricier restaurant.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:53 PM

Thanks for the comments. This seems like a pretty "safe" part of the City of Medicine. My acquaintance is interested in purchasing an office building in that area. The place seems to really have solid traffic, which means visibility. Places to eat are pretty close by. Homes and apartments are not far either. And also, access from the highway seems pretty good, about a mile from I-85. Not too close, not too far.

Old 11-16-2017, 04:38 AM

635 posts, read 1,616,842 times
I'd think this would be a fine area for an office building. I go through there fairly regularly. It's not the shiniest/newest part of town, but plenty of people around and a lot of through traffic coming down Guess from Northern Durham. It's not far from Duke Regional Hospital and a bunch of Medical Offices scattered down the Roxboro Rd/Duke Street/Guess Rd corridor too.

Old 11-27-2017, 04:53 PM

Thanks for the input. I drove around the area this past week-end. And I'm quite positive that it will make an excellent investment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jill7930 View Post
I'd think this would be a fine area for an office building. I go through there fairly regularly. It's not the shiniest/newest part of town, but plenty of people around and a lot of through traffic coming down Guess from Northern Durham. It's not far from Duke Regional Hospital and a bunch of Medical Offices scattered down the Roxboro Rd/Duke Street/Guess Rd corridor too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary