Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 06:18 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Are newspapers still used for housetraining dogs?
I still use the newspaper for cleaning car windows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 02:19 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,928,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
I ordered the N&O when I first moved to Raleigh but after only receiving the paper 2/3rds of the time, I gave up.
That was our problem, too, and then when we finally did cancel it took months to get it right. Papers would stop coming for a while then they would magically appear again followed by more bills. It's like my subscription kept reactivating some how. This went on for months and then I finally fixed that but then the telemarketing calls came to re-subscribe. I just wanted them to go away - I wouldn't give them another nickel of my money ever again.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:57 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
I am one of the dinosaurs that still likes to read a physical paper with a cup of coffee in the morning. However, the N&O is making it harder and harder to be a print subscriber. First, they drop the baseball box scores, and if any game (in any sport) starts after late afternoon, the score is always shown as Late. They recently moved their contests to be based on how much on-line activity you have. I have been having problems with late deliveries lately. When I called to see if the issue was on the delivery end, or perhaps they are still having printer issues, the first question they asked was "have you tried to read the paper on-line?".

Slightly OT, but condolences to the Tudor family. I enjoyed reading his column over the years.
Another dinosaur here Nothing like a Sunday paper in my hands. We miss the N&O but The Sun News out of Myrtle Beach delivers here. BTW, I was so sad to read about Caulton Tudor. I remember when he first started covering our high school games in the late 1960's. What a character

Old 11-03-2017, 05:46 PM

54 posts, read 46,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chezelle View Post
Groupon has an offer for the News & Observer home delivery Sunday only $44 for 52 weeks or $22 for 26 weeks.

Groupon News & Observer Offer
Thanks - been meaning to get a subscription for awhile. I like the idea of supporting news outlets that still do investigative journalism (although that deal looks so good I'm not sure it's much in the way of support), and my dad loves picking apart a real paper on Sunday.

Old 11-03-2017, 05:51 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
I still use the newspaper for cleaning car windows.
By far much better than paper towels or rags. Excellent for car windows

Old 11-04-2017, 04:44 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
Another dinosaur here Nothing like a Sunday paper in my hands. We miss the N&O but The Sun News out of Myrtle Beach delivers here. BTW, I was so sad to read about Caulton Tudor. I remember when he first started covering our high school games in the late 1960's. What a character
One of the finest pieces I have seen by Luke DeCock:

"To read Caulton Tudor was a pleasure. To know him, a privilege."

Read more here: Cauton Tudor, News & Observer columnist, dies | News & Observer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary