Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2008, 12:07 PM

3 posts, read 11,394 times

Advertisements

Hello all!
We're driving down from central NJ next week to check out the Raleigh, Fuquay-Varina, Wake Forest, and now Clayton area. We'll be there for 4 days and have a lot to cram in. I am looking for slightly larger lots than what i've been seeing in a lot of the subdivisions. Does anyone know of any newer subdivisions in the Clayton area offering the following:
about 3000sf, minimum .4 acre lots, for around $350-$400k?
I'm not having too much luck searching online.
Any help would be appreciated-- thanks! This forum has been a great resource, thanks to the locals and those that have made the move already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 12:23 PM

546 posts, read 2,416,801 times
You will get a ton of feedback on Clayton! In fact if you search this board you'll find a lot of past posts about this subject. I am partial to the Broadmoor West subdivison. It has a lot of family friendly conveinences and great schools. Good luck with your search.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:52 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times
Try Anderson homes. Do a Google Search and check out the Cobblestone location.

I know you can get the sq ft you want, but I'm not sure about the acres.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:56 PM

850 posts, read 3,624,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag66 View Post
Hello all!
We're driving down from central NJ next week to check out the Raleigh, Fuquay-Varina, Wake Forest, and now Clayton area. We'll be there for 4 days and have a lot to cram in. I am looking for slightly larger lots than what i've been seeing in a lot of the subdivisions. Does anyone know of any newer subdivisions in the Clayton area offering the following:
Any help would be appreciated-- thanks! This forum has been a great resource, thanks to the locals and those that have made the move already.
Try Ole Mill Stream, Broadmoor West, Neuse Colony, Weldon, McLemore....I saw all over 1/2 acre, I think and 3,000 sf and up and in your price range. If you lower the sf, you'd probably get MANY more. At 2500 sf add to that; Glen Laurel, Flowers Plantation, Austin Pond.

Also check out River Hills...homes are about 3000sf and over 1/2 acre BUT prices are at the $250k mark (that's the upper range).

Good luck and have fun!
Lauren

Old 03-20-2008, 08:47 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag66 View Post
Hello all!
When you get to this area, you may want to stop in at any of the grocery stores and pick up a magazine called "New Home Guide". It will give you ideas of new neighborhoods in Wake and Johnston Counties.

They also have a website.

Enjoy!

Vicki

Old 03-21-2008, 06:48 AM

3 posts, read 11,394 times
Thanks for the replies. We're looking forward to the trip next week. While we have a lot of home looking to cram into a few days, we also have 2 kids (5 and 2) that will go crazy if thats all we do. Does anyone have ideas on places we can take them for some 'kid time"? I'm not thinking of a place like Chuck-E-Cheese. Maybe a nice park with playground, kids museum, etc.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:10 AM

850 posts, read 3,624,898 times
Oops..forgot to mention that all those S/Ds were in Clayton where we live now...both on the East and West sides.

BTW...we relocated from NJ 2 years ago! We owned a home in Ewing (Mercer County) but dh is from North NJ.

There are MANY parks in the triangle area. It depends on where you are when the kids have had enough but look up Pullen Park, in Raleigh. I'm not sure if this is allowed but here is a link to a virtual tour of it;
Virtual Tour Sample - Pullen Park - Raleigh, NC (May 25, 2006) (http://www.thee360.com/samples/pullen_park_raleigh_nc/ - broken link)
Aside from the playground, baseball fields, tennis and water center there are also pedal boats, kiddie boats and a train ride.

There's also the Museum of Natural Sciences in Raleigh...its free to get in.

There's also the Raleigh Little Theatre which shows children's shows.

Then there's PLAYSPACE Children's Museum which is one of those interactive museums for kids..babies through about 7.

For outdoor fun, there's Adventure Landing in Raleigh. Go karts, batting cages, mini golf among other things. FUN!

There's this place called Pump it up party in both Raleigh and Wake Forest. We haven't been there but I understand that some locations have a Pop in playtime thing where you can pop in to jump on the inflatables. You'd have to call though to make sure.

Lauren

Old 03-21-2008, 08:13 AM

567 posts, read 2,140,664 times
To find the larger lots, you may have to look at more established neighborhoods. But with that new criteria, you would be gaining quality built homes and some lovely wooded lots.

I agree with those subdivisions that were mentioned by Lauren. We just loved Ole Mill Stream, but we bought in Neuse Colony, and also liked Walden (this is the correct spelling).

Best of luck!!

Old 03-21-2008, 10:00 AM

38 posts, read 132,306 times
If I had your budget I would look on the east side of Clayton (I know those of you on the other side will be upset). Flowers Plantation, Plantation Pointe, and Riverwood are great places! All beautiful homes and have at least .5 acres with wooded lots. I loved the idea of having trees in my backyard and no neighbors close on either side. With your price range you'll be able to find a home in these areas with what you're looking for. They may not be over 3000 sq. ft. When driving around last weekend I noticed those homes were b/w 300k and 500K (In the same areas mentioned above). Some of the houses in those subdivisions that are half that price (like ours) have smaller lots, but that's only a handful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary