Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 11:48 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,231,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrunner77 View Post
All I know is this...

1. When we are at the fountain park with the children we want good convenient family fare. Also, if they want us the return the food and service should be "good".

2. When wife and I decide it's time for "date night".... well then.... there are so many other options in Cary, Raleigh, Durham. Much more expense and planning too. So, if they want our business again it had better be an outstanding overall experience with extraordinary food and service.

3. We aren't the only ones thinking #1 and #2 (above)
I'd agree with this.

I want places where I can bring the kids, they have a kids menu, and I can get a beer. Right now really the only place Downtown that fits that bill is Crosstown. Everything else is either higher end, or ethnic - neither of which work for my kids.

I really like Serendipity, but it's more of a "fast food" type place to me than a real sit down restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 06:36 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,534,233 times
Mayor's most recent blog mentioned he would never put a porta potti at the park, so they really want to keep it upscale. And, the Town Council voted unanimously on approving the new tenant, per video of meeting.

snip from: http://www.haroldweinbrecht.com/

Emails from citizens this week included:

Concerns about the Crabtree Crossing extension (a Morrisville decision).
Questions about our council liaison appointment process.
A question about the future Wegmans.
A request for a port-a-potty in the downtown park (Um… NO!).
Comments about a future Louis Stephens Drive extension.
Comments about a street light repair at Davis Drive and Lake Grove.
Comments against the Weldon Ridge rezoning proposal.
A request for a green arrow signal near Bond Park.
A request to sign a Mayors list to endorse a carbon neutral goal within the next decades (while this is certainly a goal it is our practice not to engage in matters that can be viewed as political. Like the Climate change mayor signing initiative, this would be viewed by some as political.)

Old 12-21-2017, 07:29 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,707,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Mayor's most recent blog mentioned he would never put a porta potti at the park, so they really want to keep it upscale. And, the Town Council voted unanimously on approving the new tenant, per video of meeting.

snip from: http://www.haroldweinbrecht.com/

Emails from citizens this week included:

Concerns about the Crabtree Crossing extension (a Morrisville decision).
Questions about our council liaison appointment process.
A question about the future Wegmans.
A request for a port-a-potty in the downtown park (Um… NO!).
Comments about a future Louis Stephens Drive extension.
Comments about a street light repair at Davis Drive and Lake Grove.
Comments against the Weldon Ridge rezoning proposal.
A request for a green arrow signal near Bond Park.
A request to sign a Mayors list to endorse a carbon neutral goal within the next decades (while this is certainly a goal it is our practice not to engage in matters that can be viewed as political. Like the Climate change mayor signing initiative, this would be viewed by some as political.)
I've begun to notice a trend with your posts regarding the downtown Cary park in that you always mention bathrooms when you talk about it.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:40 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,534,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
I've begun to notice a trend with your posts regarding the downtown Cary park in that you always mention bathrooms when you talk about it.
Yes, try taking some kids there on a picnic on a weekend summer night...
don't give them any liquids. Never again!

Library restroom?
Friday 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Sunday Closed

Too darn risky crossing Dry Ave to get into Arts Center to use their restroom.
Cary spent money on a pump house, water, lighting and no friggin bathroom. Dumb!

Old 12-21-2017, 07:54 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,231,667 times
Quote:
Yes, try taking some kids there on a picnic on a weekend summer night...
don't give them any liquids. Never again!

Library restroom?
Friday 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Sunday Closed

Too darn risky crossing Dry Ave to get into Arts Center to use their restroom.
Cary spent money on a pump house, water, lighting and no friggin bathroom. Dumb!
Mayton Inn?

I dunno this just doesn't seem like a major issue to me. And I have young kids.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:01 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,707,322 times
Quote:
It's not exactly cheap to build a public restroom and then have to maintain it. People are not nice with regard to treating public lavatories, especially ones in parks. There's always the Mayton Inn just a block away.

I'll agree with m378, it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I'd rather they spend the money on other things like sidewalks and street lights.

Old 12-21-2017, 09:12 PM

4,298 posts, read 5,964,772 times
Public restrooms are coming with the new library. Gonna be a couple years though.

Old 12-21-2017, 11:20 PM
ERH

1,696 posts, read 2,518,777 times
In my view, this is a perfect opportunity for Serendipity or Ashworth's or another vendor to bring their food to the park. Buy a refrigerated sandwich cart (search Google images and you'll see all kinds!), and set up in the library courtyard (perfect) or one of the parking spaces. The menu doesn't have to be extensive, just family-friendly. I'm not a fan of adding a hot dog cart (the smell!!!), but an assortment of sandwiches, bagged chips (local company Carolina Kettle), and bottled water.

Old 12-22-2017, 07:59 AM

11,208 posts, read 8,263,272 times
They could have put in a restroom like the new ones at Lake Pine. Relatively cheap, inconspicuous, and can be out of the way.

Old 12-22-2017, 09:02 AM

22,651 posts, read 36,657,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
It's not exactly cheap to build a public restroom and then have to maintain it. People are not nice with regard to treating public lavatories, especially ones in parks. There's always the Mayton Inn just a block away.

I'll agree with m378, it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I'd rather they spend the money on other things like sidewalks and street lights.
Our old town in NY did this and it was always a mess. And it was expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary