Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 06:16 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,534,589 times

Advertisements

In other business news:

Business Bits: Downtown Cary, Parkside Town Commons and More – CaryCitizen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 06:32 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 22 days ago)

43,177 posts, read 76,826,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 919 rtp View Post
Do you think this Michael's is in addition to the one at Crossroads or will the one at Crossroads close once this one is open?

I love a craft store, but it's a big store with lots and lots of inventory that doesn't cost much. Add in the 40% and up coupons every week, they must live on a thin profit margin.
I think Park West, Park Place area could duplicate a fair amount of offerings at Crossroads and Centrum without hurting them.

Heck, I would like to see entertainment draws, recreation, perhaps something like Dave and Busters added.
I question the value of a fitness center taking up a huge space at Park Place in terms of supporting other businesses in the plaza.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:15 AM

580 posts, read 710,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
I wonder if the unknown leased space is going to be a Stein Mart. There used to be one right across the street in the Park Place shopping center by the Carmike.
It is a Home Goods!
There is a sign in the window that’s says Michael’s and Home Goods.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:41 AM
DPK DPK started this thread

4,594 posts, read 5,708,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCANC View Post
It is a Home Goods!
There is a sign in the window that’s says Michael’s and Home Goods.
Woohoo! So exciting! Thanks for doing a "drive-by" and checking it out in real life!

Old 01-30-2018, 11:03 AM

610 posts, read 744,493 times
Did it say the time frame?

Old 01-30-2018, 12:38 PM

168 posts, read 266,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Just GREAT...a nail salon in Amberly Village Square...just GREAT, just what we need another nail salon!! No offense to small business owners, but really is it so hard for a customer to drive the five minutes to either Green Level Rd or Parkside Commons...like someone else said, all that retail space needs is a mattress store and cellphone store to make it complete grrrrrrr....a little variety would be nice.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:51 PM

102 posts, read 148,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliehubbard View Post
Just GREAT...a nail salon in Amberly Village Square...just GREAT, just what we need another nail salon!! No offense to small business owners, but really is it so hard for a customer to drive the five minutes to either Green Level Rd or Parkside Commons...like someone else said, all that retail space needs is a mattress store and cellphone store to make it complete grrrrrrr....a little variety would be nice.
I live in Amberly, and I'm baffled by the amount of redundancy we have in businesses. Anyone can lease these places out. If you think they we don't need a certain business, then don't go there. If the nail salon survives, then somebody must be using it.

We have a number nail salons, grocery stores, and banks. I would love to see more restaurants. By restaurants I don't mean wine bars and craft beers

Old 02-21-2018, 06:12 AM

9,141 posts, read 14,717,969 times
So, I was over there this morning and noticed the doors were open and I saw a few guys with hi-vis vests milling around. This was at like 7:10, so hopefully they are getting started.

On the other hand, the sign for Homegoods is no longer visible. Not sure if the lease isn’t quite signed and sealed yet or what. Will be interesting.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:16 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 22 days ago)

43,177 posts, read 76,826,386 times
Michaels and Homegoods?

I predict Parking Overload.
Parking at Park-less West is already difficult.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:54 AM
DPK DPK started this thread

4,594 posts, read 5,708,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
So, I was over there this morning and noticed the doors were open and I saw a few guys with hi-vis vests milling around. This was at like 7:10, so hopefully they are getting started.

On the other hand, the sign for Homegoods is no longer visible. Not sure if the lease isn’t quite signed and sealed yet or what. Will be interesting.
I noticed this as well the other day when I drove by. There's no sign for Home Goods, just Michael's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary