Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 11:34 AM

117 posts, read 140,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
You can also search on your name here:

Calendars / Citation Query by Defendant Name

This has a record of all outstanding citations in NC.
I searched in this and no records are found under my name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 11:45 AM

1,459 posts, read 1,162,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Especially never ignore a speeding ticket that has elevated to reckless driving. That shows up on your record forever. There are several threads. If you don't think you need a lawyer, trust me, you need a lawyer for Virginia speeding tickets.
"How do I know? I just do. "
Me too. VA is brutal when it comes to speeding. The absolute worst state in the country.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmizzo View Post
Then it may not exist, but I would still contact the Wake Co. Clerk's office as several have suggested to be absolutely sure.

Old 02-03-2018, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmizzo View Post
They may have misspelled your name? When you contact the clerk's office, ask them to also search by your DL number just in case your name was incorrectly spelled.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:22 PM

51 posts, read 78,723 times
If one gets ticket for stop sign violation then does it mean you get 3 points on your licence when you pay your fine+court fee or lawyer can get it dismissed?

Old 02-07-2018, 01:53 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rythemdevi View Post
If one gets ticket for stop sign violation then does it mean you get 3 points on your licence when you pay your fine+court fee
Yes.

Quote:
or lawyer can get it dismissed?
Maybe. Ask one.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:01 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,943,623 times
Call the clerk and talk with them.

Sometimes there is a delay in a citation showing up in the system but usually its with the highway patrol or a county sheriff. For some reason they are always a bit slower to load.

Still they wouldn't take this long. Don't ignore it because the online systems search by name and he easily could have mispelled your name but entered all of the other info correctly. Call the clerks office and they'll walk you through it.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:04 PM

4,303 posts, read 5,983,434 times
Should also be able to search that database above by citation number. That would help skirt around potential issues of a misspelled name.

But yes, it's definitely something you should follow up on even if nothing shows up in the database.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:49 PM

4,261 posts, read 4,706,148 times
Quote:
If one gets ticket for stop sign violation then does it mean you get 3 points on your licence when you pay your fine+court fee or lawyer can get it dismissed?
Off-topic... but if you are convicted or plead guilty, the 3 points go on your license and you'll get 1 insurance point as well. If you get the case dismissed outright, or are found not guilty at trial, or get a PJC and watch yourself for the duration of the PJC, you don't get points. Or perhaps the DA lets you plead to a lesser offense that might be 2 points instead of 3. This is how courthouse lawyers make a living.

Old 02-07-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
Off-topic... but if you are convicted or plead guilty, the 3 points go on your license and you'll get 1 insurance point as well. If you get the case dismissed outright, or are found not guilty at trial, or get a PJC and watch yourself for the duration of the PJC, you don't get points. Or perhaps the DA lets you plead to a lesser offense that might be 2 points instead of 3. This is how courthouse lawyers make a living.
I've had many speeding tickets reduced to a non-moving violation, which carries no points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary