Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 05:11 AM

188 posts, read 151,598 times

Advertisements

I went to a movie theater in SC recently that had very nice reclining leather (or synthetic leather maybe) seating. Loved it.

Do any local theaters have this? If so, which ones have you spotted it in?

I think it's one of those things like stadium seating that all theaters will need to install in order to remain relevant. Then again I rarely go to movies anymore so my opinion is likely irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 05:26 AM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,356,657 times
Brier Creek and Raleigh Grande both do.

Old 02-06-2018, 05:30 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
We have been going to Crossroads 20 much more since they installed them (and they have advance ticket reserve seating) and improved the theater overall. In fact, we haven’t been to Park West, which is maybe 2 miles away, compared to like 8-10 for Crossroads, since. We’d only go there now if it was a spur of the moment thing and there were no decent seats left at Crossroads. We’ve also been to the Franks Cinebowl on 55 a couple of times also, where they have them.

Old 02-06-2018, 05:36 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,336,102 times
Silverspot in Chapel Hill has super big cushy leather seats, but they don't recline. We like the first row that has ottomans though. They also will bring food to your seat. They have an attached restaurant with a variety of meals and beer and wine.

Good pictures of the inside of the theater here: https://www.nctriangledining.com/blo...c-movie-first/

Old 02-06-2018, 06:36 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,274,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
We have been going to Crossroads 20 much more since they installed them (and they have advance ticket reserve seating) and improved the theater overall. In fact, we haven’t been to Park West, which is maybe 2 miles away, compared to like 8-10 for Crossroads, since. We’d only go there now if it was a spur of the moment thing and there were no decent seats left at Crossroads. We’ve also been to the Franks Cinebowl on 55 a couple of times also, where they have them.
We went to Crossroads to see the last Star Wars movie. I'm 5'9" and I was able to sit with my legs straight out and not touch the row in front of me. Assigned seating means less jostling for good seats, less people walking back and forth in front of you. The seats were very comfortable. The two middle seats in the row have double cupholders in the arms too.

I'd just warn against the very last row because the air was blowing straight down on the back of my neck.

Old 02-06-2018, 06:43 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,827,742 times
I love the stadium seating that gives my 6'2" legs the space to be comfortable, but I don't like the new trend to add powered reclining seats.

Both Brier Creek and Raleigh Grande have wide seats with operating push-buttons on the inside surface of the arm rest. It's right next to your knee and I've been startled several times during a movie when I stretch and unknowingly bump the button and my seat starts to move.

Also, while both have wider seats, the cushions are square and too firm.

My favorite theater for comfort seating has been, and continues to be Park West. (Though it would be nice if they added beer & wine to the concessions!)

Old 02-06-2018, 06:58 AM

7 posts, read 6,982 times
Long gone are the days of "flat" seating in tight rows with sticky chairs, and I, for one, am happy about that. The stadium style makes so much sense and it's crazy to think how long it took to transition so many theaters to that style.

I visited family in California not too long ago and they have theaters with couches, full meals to order, servers, specialty drinks, etc. It's super expensive and I wouldn't do it often at all, but it's a good twist on the "dinner and a movie" date night.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:04 AM

569 posts, read 440,247 times
I like the recliners but I don't like the fact that I can no longer go to a movie at those theaters on the spur of the moment. Because there are now fewer seats, the good ones often sell out and I'm not sitting in the front of the theater.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:05 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffPayne View Post
I visited family in California not too long ago and they have theaters with couches, full meals to order, servers, specialty drinks, etc. It's super expensive and I wouldn't do it often at all, but it's a good twist on the "dinner and a movie" date night.
Cinebistro does that, without the couches. But their recliners are definitely comfortable, and I believe the armrest can go up between "paired" seats.

Their seats are all floor level rather than stadium style, which feels weird when you first sit down. But once you recline, you realize it's a really nice, comfortable position, and there are fewer distractions around to bother you when you're reclining and looking up at the screen.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:07 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,929,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_RDNC View Post
I love the stadium seating that gives my 6'2" legs the space to be comfortable, but I don't like the new trend to add powered reclining seats.
I'm 6'6" and like the space too...especially on the back row at the top. The new trend doesn't do anything for me either. I don't want to get too comfy because I might go the sleep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary