Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2018, 12:12 PM

2 posts, read 5,701 times

Advertisements

Have looked at each of these communities, amenities, model homes, house lots, fees, clubs offered. Returning shortly to narrow down choices between the 2 communities and make a final decision. Am widowed, retired, over 55 looking to not only escape the New England winters but a "fresh start" in life. New surroundings, people, adventures; am very active, creative and keep myself busy.

Would like to hear from those who live in each of these two communities. Have questions about the quality of home Pulte builds at Carolina Arbors, the choice of lots in general; but that community offers more activity and is "older" and larger. Creekside is the younger and smaller but has potential for much growth.

Appreciate any input from those who live in each of these communities as to why you picked that community?; would you do this again and your general feelings about the area.

Thanks for all input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 12:35 PM

4,292 posts, read 5,942,062 times
My mother just went through this comparison process and has decided to build at Creekside. Sales agents at Carolina Arbors were much pushier...Creekside felt much more down to earth. Community center at Carolina Arbors felt overdone in some ways, and yet underwhelming at the same time. Trying to present a facade of elegance and luxury. Talked to a few residents at Creekside and they were very happy with the community.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:43 PM

19,362 posts, read 27,580,268 times
I don't live at either, but know several people who live at CA and 1-2 at Creekside. I'll give you my impressions from what they tell me.

CA is larger, which is good and bad depending on your point of view.

Creekside floor plans and pricing were slightly better and the builder was somewhat willing to make minor changes. Pulte/Del Webb has a favorite word: NO. (One of the reasons we decided against Carolina Preserves/Del Webb was because of that.)

Creekside MAY skew a little younger, but MAY also have more more part time residents.

CA has far more clubs and activities. I'm told this is particularly true for the exercise room and programs.

CA is marginally more convenient.

The Del Webb name will presumably help for a quicker resale than the unknown Creekside.

I do not think that Creekside has a dog park or gardening areas (but I could be wrong). I've been told that the dog park at CA is a major social hub.

My personal thought is that the defining decision should be based mostly on how she feels about larger vs small communities. And price for the home she wants (remembering that the base price at both are meaningless.)

Old 10-13-2018, 05:02 AM

3 posts, read 4,953 times
In 2015 we purchase din Creekside at Bethpage and absolutely love it ! We have a diverse community of many single women and single men as well as lots of married Grandparents.

AvHomes (now Taylor Morrison) allows changes and customization whereas Arbors builders only know word was NO when we talked to them.

When built out in 2020-2021 there will be 656 homes including 92 Ranch style town homes.

Amenities are great and although builder is still in control of the HOA he is now putting 23 residents on the Board and allowing the residents to drive future direction of the HOA by forming various committees.

Old 10-13-2018, 05:46 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,374,886 times
We just sold our home in Carolina Arbors in August. My husband and I were one on the first 40 to move in, back in November 2013. I had just turned 60. We really loved our home had no complaints regarding the quality of construction. Other people did have complaints, maybe as sales increased and less time was taken to build each house, although I would guess they were expecting a "custom build".

We made several wonderful friends who will be friends for life. The clubhouse is magnificent with many clubs, game nights, movie nights for almost every type of interest. The community is very active, with people walking the beautiful trails, running, biking, taking exercises classes, playing pickleball, tennis, indoor swimming, walking their dogs etc. We did not use the amenity center that much as we were still working full time. There are quite a few single women in the community who socialize frequently.

There is a bit of hullabaloo going on right now regarding the now existing sales center. As the community prepares to take over the HOA in 2019, Pulte has offered to sell it back to the community at a whopping $750,000 and the community is divided. It has been contentious but a recent "survey" was completed (in reality it's a vote) which will determine the outcome. I believe it will be voted "no", which is the right thing to do considering Pulte had promised to tear it down and build 3 more homes in the area. Certainly not fair to have another (unnecessary given the size of Piedmont Hall) social center right next to people's homes.

We really enjoyed our time at CA but it's not for everyone. Ultimately, we decided to move once we retired as we longed to be close to the coast. Overall, it's a great community with many wonderful people. I will admit it is a bit too large For my liking; I prefer a smaller, more intimate community. It can be a bit cliquey, reminiscent of junior high school but I'll believe you'll find that everywhere. For the most part, resales sell quickly as the location is fabulous.

Hope this is helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary