Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2019, 05:35 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNC View Post
As a transplant from the west coast & also lived in Houston as well as Dallas, the newscasters here in NC are so dated!

Watching WRAL is like watching a throw back & looking at people from the 1980's. From their style/appearance to drawl, 'hey y'aaaall' style. Do all North Carolinian's wear pleaded/cuffed khakis or slacks, boring strip ties & blue blazers?!?!?!? UGGGGH. Like a twilight zone. I've never seen so many men who dress up in cheap suits from JCPennys, Belks or Sears. Buying a shirt & tie from the same box is not 'fashion' fellas especially if you're going to be on television! Nor chic metropolitan look. WRAL is very "North Carolina" to me?
Dunno, not so sure it's a NC thing, there is a rather large demographic who feel obliged to wear those pleats and things you mentioned plus (yikes) boat shoes as if it were still 1986 and Yuppie fashion is en vogue. It's not just casters or NC, you can see this in a lot of American tourists too.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:12 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,541,086 times
This 5-foot weather person takes the best selfies that show a forecast:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1sRNjQWkAAa9Li.jpg:large

(her Twitter feed)

Old 03-17-2019, 02:42 PM

495 posts, read 1,077,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
This 5-foot weather person takes the best selfies that show a forecast:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1sRNjQWkAAa9Li.jpg:large

(her Twitter feed)
She's a superstar to be honest. I hope this media market gets to keep her instead of her moving to NY/LA-league.

Old 03-18-2019, 04:54 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,872,623 times

some of you guys fashion expectations for news anchors 😏

Old 03-18-2019, 06:26 AM

1,322 posts, read 1,255,417 times
I'd rather not have my weather presented by someone dressed for a cocktail party. The weather should be serious and around here we have trained professionals delivering the forecast. Act and dress like the professional you are.

This week Elizabeth Gardner is doing the evening weather as Mike Maze is on vacation. Is this really just a fill-in for vacation or is this a try out for the top spot?

Old 03-18-2019, 06:36 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 919 rtp View Post
I'd rather not have my weather presented by someone dressed for a cocktail party. The weather should be serious and around here we have trained professionals delivering the forecast. Act and dress like the professional you are.

This week Elizabeth Gardner is doing the evening weather as Mike Maze is on vacation. Is this really just a fill-in for vacation or is this a try out for the top spot?

I think the right decision would be to put Kat Campbell on evenings. I know it goes against seniority, but she really is the right fit, and I think they will probably risk losing her otherwise. Yes she's young and yes she's easy on the eyes, but she also seems really smart and knowledgeable. She is good at what she does.

I love Mike Maze, and I think Elizabeth Gardner is ok. But the reality is, business is business.

Old 03-18-2019, 06:44 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I think the right decision would be to put Kat Campbell on evenings. I know it goes against seniority, but she really is the right fit, and I think they will probably risk losing her otherwise. Yes she's young and yes she's easy on the eyes, but she also seems really smart and knowledgeable. She is good at what she does.

I love Mike Maze, and I think Elizabeth Gardner is ok. But the reality is, business is business.
I'm leaning the same way now. Not unless they go with another hire from outside. Aren't they still a meteorologist short from what they had? I'd have to check

Old 03-18-2019, 06:46 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
I'm leaning the same way now. Not unless they go with another hire from outside. Aren't they still a meteorologist short from what they had? I'd have to check
I think I remember someone saying they weren't going to replace Fishel. I could be wrong.

Old 03-18-2019, 06:59 AM

1,289 posts, read 1,595,835 times
Elizabeth has filled in for the evening slot before. Aimee Wilmoth is on vacation I think. She usually fills in evenings.

They pretty much have to replace Greg’s spot for the amount of news they produce.

Old 03-18-2019, 12:01 PM

52 posts, read 41,164 times
This poor girl on the weekends is rough. They need to bring her along quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary