Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2008, 05:14 PM

98 posts, read 511,968 times

Advertisements

So! I've been living in a nice, quiet Cary apartment for the past 8 months or so. Now that I have gotten to know the area and have established steady income, I am interested in looking for an apartment in the downtown area. It absolutely needs to be pet friendly (I have two lazy kitties).

I was looking at the Beckanna apartments on Glenwood but have found no reviews about them. I was also looking for an apartment much like the Prairie building (above business, small complex).

Any suggestions searching for small property downtown apartments? I am trying to find *anything*, even ones that are parts of houses. My online searches are to no avail, and driving around downtown can be quite time consuming!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 05:20 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Try Apartment Ratings - Apartments for Rent with Ratings and Reviews from Actual Renters for reviews.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:54 PM

2,086 posts, read 7,644,670 times
The best advice I can give you coming from someone who did the same search last year is to check craigslist and newspaper classifieds constantly, and drive around. I know it is super time consuming and tedious to drive around, but that is the best way to find out about good apartments in the downtown area. Because the nice ones are in demand, many landlords don't have to do a lot of advertising, so a sign in the yard/window is all they need to get a renter within a very short time frame. I found my apartment by seeing the "For Rent" sign outside.

Driving around just this morning I saw a sign outside Boylan Apartments that said they are now renting. Check out Downtown Living :: Downtown Raleigh, NC where you can find the contact info for a lot of the professionally managed downtown properties, so you can try just calling instead of driving around for some of them. Condo rentals will most likely not be handled by the condo management since they are privately owned, so those you'll have to find through classifieds.

Best of luck, I know it's an arduous search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary