Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 12:17 PM

85 posts, read 199,680 times

Advertisements

Howdy all, need some advice on the best, highest quality, reputable movers in the Raleigh area?

This is an internal move inside the same building, so no trucks or anything. Moving from one unit to another

Want to find a high quality company, experienced, good prices, who aren't overpriced, etc. Anyone with recommendations or past experiences with a great moving company & didn't have to overspend on a 1bdrm?

I must admit the movers who i priced so far are much more expensive compared to those in Texas (DFW). I didn't realize moving cost so much out here!

Any locals in the area online who used a reputable company?

But any recommendations would be much appreciative! Not trying to spend a lot but something in the $200 area would be ideal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2018, 12:22 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,448,042 times
At the $200 price point you are looking at Craigslist hired help, not a moving company.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:23 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,185,026 times
I’m sure the pricing depends on how much stuff you have. We used TROSA and while they were more expensive per hour, they were twice as efficient as other quotes I got. Our whole move from an apartment to a house about 4 miles away was 3 hours start to finish.

Definitely worth calling them.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:28 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,185,026 times
I think most top reputable movers will have a minimum higher than $200.

Old 02-19-2018, 12:47 PM

i don't mind going over $200 but to be honest its in the same building going up a few floors.

i didn't pay $300 when I moved in my other home in Texas & that was a house w/a moving company w/truck and movers moving to the Uptown area of Dallas. This is the same building just a different floor. 1bdrm. Not a lot of furniture (since this is my travel locale residence, when i'm in NC). Texas is just cheaper for some reason, taxes, prices, cost of living just seems higher in NC for what you're actually offered & get

I've found a company (Safe & Sound movers?) who charged a little over $200 which is fine. But just looking or wanted some reputable local companies. Not as familiar w/companies out here.

Old 02-19-2018, 01:01 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,448,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNC View Post
i don't mind going over $200 but to be honest its in the same building going up a few floors.

i didn't pay $300 when I moved in my other home in Texas & that was a house w/a moving company w/truck and movers moving to the Uptown area of Dallas. This is the same building just a different floor. 1bdrm. Not a lot of furniture (since this is my travel locale residence, when i'm in NC). Texas is just cheaper for some reason, taxes, prices, cost of living just seems higher in NC for what you're actually offered & get

I've found a company (Safe & Sound movers?) who charged a little over $200 which is fine. But just looking or wanted some reputable local companies. Not as familiar w/companies out here.
NC is more expensive. A lot less..."undocumented" workers here. If you get what I'm saying. Labor costs are more.

At the grocery store in Dallas I notice prices are about 15% less in TX vs NC on things I buy.

Old 02-19-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
NC is more expensive. A lot less..."undocumented" workers here. If you get what I'm saying. Labor costs are more.

At the grocery store in Dallas I notice prices are about 15% less in TX vs NC on things I buy.

EXACTLY!

the taxes here in NC are no joke! it's like they tax you for everything out here!!! just seems like there's price inflation here, UGGGH....lol

but I just think maybe Dallas or Texas is so much "bigger" thus w/more options which could also explain the differences? i went into a super Wal-Mart in Dallas & one here in Raleigh and was astonished at how a gallon of milk was almost a dollar more expensive here in NC than TX. And the gas prices, don't even get me started on how much gas cost!!! basically paying for regular unleaded which would be the premium prices out there in TX, maybe more. i think regular unleaded is $2.00/g in DFW

what part of Dallas are you in? if you don't mind me asking.

Last edited by TexasNC; 02-19-2018 at 01:15 PM..

Old 02-19-2018, 01:30 PM

6,450 posts, read 9,812,682 times
If dallas is so much better just move back lol

Old 02-19-2018, 01:33 PM

i do live there most of the time as i noted....trust me

Old 02-20-2018, 05:16 AM

70 posts, read 59,690 times
We've moved three times in the local area, and TROSA was by far the best value.

The only hiccup you are going to have is that many companies have a minimum number of hours, often 4.

But if they aren't busy you might be able to get labor-only for a shorter time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary