Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 03:37 PM

57 posts, read 101,810 times

Advertisements

Had not seen this posted yet. FYI:

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle...s-in-cary.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 12:59 PM

32 posts, read 51,460 times
Ahhh West Caryyyy. Oh well, better than Sanford. Glad to see it. I thought they weren't building anymore.

Old 03-03-2018, 03:25 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,270,100 times
Can't read the article cause I've hit my limit. Where in W. Cary? Sooooo many apartments already in W. Cary.

Old 03-03-2018, 03:28 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,543,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh5150 View Post
ALSO:

Lidl Grocery Store in Cary

Old 03-03-2018, 03:29 PM

32 posts, read 51,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Can't read the article cause I've hit my limit. Where in W. Cary? Sooooo many apartments already in W. Cary.
Here ya go...basically next to Whole Foods and you'll love this!... another apartment complex. Lol

"With town approvals and new financing in hand, construction crews have begun site work on the Hillstone Alston Town Center in west Cary, a multifamily development that will abut a new Lidl grocery store.

When complete, the project will include a mix of four- and five-story buildings with 205 apartments averaging 948 square feet. The developer, Leon Capital Group, purchased 20.7 acres along NC 55 Highway, north of McCrimmon Parkway, for $7.2 million in August.

The acquisition was for the multifamily development and the grocery store, but the status of the 36,185-square-foot Lidl is less clear. The German grocery chain is one of the largest in the world and opened its first wave of stores in the U.S. last year. The company is known for its bare-bones interior and low prices, which can have the effect of lowering prices at nearby grocers, according to a recent study."

Old 03-05-2018, 05:10 AM

678 posts, read 738,072 times
I've been to the Lidl's in Sanford, it's freaking awesome. Lidl's is like a hybrid between Aldi's and Harris Teeter. The problem with Lidl's is that they haven't been picking the best locations for their USA debut, like they started in NC with Sanford (which did turn out well for them); some of their other locations (or where they're not building) have been some head-scratchers

Old 03-05-2018, 11:22 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpains29 View Post
I've been to the Lidl's in Sanford, it's freaking awesome. Lidl's is like a hybrid between Aldi's and Harris Teeter. The problem with Lidl's is that they haven't been picking the best locations for their USA debut, like they started in NC with Sanford (which did turn out well for them); some of their other locations (or where they're not building) have been some head-scratchers

To me, Aldi and Lidl are very similar, obviously not identical. The two biggest differentiators I could see were:

1. The bakery, (Lidl has a pretty good one, Aldi has some good stuff, but not done in house)
2. Beer Selection. Lidl is better, and COLD.

On the Aldi side, I think they have better, meats, and their non-bakery bread deals (shelf bread) are pretty stellar, but maybe not?

Old 06-12-2018, 08:05 AM

168 posts, read 267,687 times
Lidl has cancelled their plans for the store on 55. This according to an article in TBJ - a lawsuit has ensued. I heard rumor that Lowe's Foods might be moving into the site..ho hum, another lackluster grocery store. Dang, I was looking forward to another new grocery option.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:55 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliehubbard View Post
Lidl has cancelled their plans for the store on 55. This according to an article in TBJ - a lawsuit has ensued. I heard rumor that Lowe's Foods might be moving into the site..ho hum, another lackluster grocery store. Dang, I was looking forward to another new grocery option.

Sweet, maybe we'll have a second H-Mart in about 10 years....

Old 06-12-2018, 09:27 AM

678 posts, read 738,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliehubbard View Post

IIRC, Lidl's has been struggling some with their entry into the US. Some of it has to be with their oddball locations for putting new stores. The West Cary area is pretty saturated with grocery stores as it is. Lidl's should be building locations where there would be a high demand for their high quality and low cost products. Sanford was a good location, because Sanford ain't got nothing, and Food Lion sucks. Lidl's would clean up in Fayetteville and other towns where there's not a Harris Teeter around
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary