Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 10:07 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinehurstcharlie View Post
Oh yes realtor has everything she needs and knows what we want
I know the market is hot, and I don't know exactly where you're looking. But I have been helping folks between 275-350K in Western Wake and I haven't seen anything come up after 6 pm and be sold the next day before noon. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I repeat ...

are you getting IMMEDIATE updates from MLS? not once a day, and not only new Actives. Are you getting the No Showings/Coming Soon too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 10:10 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
By your Realtors site I hope you mean the MLS (Collab Center). If you are using their personal site or companies site it's the same feed the MLS sends out to everyone. Redfin, Realtor.com, all the companies/agents sites are all getting the same feed. Collab center is directly from the MLS so it is updated the fastest and also includes coming soon homes. The MLS does not syndicate coming soon homes with anyone.

actually...sometimes I get Redfin alerts before I get MLS alerts. Same with FM alerts. Not often, but sometimes. It's a 15 minute crapshoot - if MLS auto-notify pulls at 12:01 and Redfin pulls at 12:14 and the house was entered at 12:08, then Redfin wins.

Old 03-10-2018, 12:53 PM

213 posts, read 211,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
By your Realtors site I hope you mean the MLS (Collab Center). If you are using their personal site or companies site it's the same feed the MLS sends out to everyone. Redfin, Realtor.com, all the companies/agents sites are all getting the same feed. Collab center is directly from the MLS so it is updated the fastest and also includes coming soon homes. The MLS does not syndicate coming soon homes with anyone.
Yes I get alerts and updates on properties fitting our checklist.

Old 03-10-2018, 12:56 PM

213 posts, read 211,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I know the market is hot, and I don't know exactly where you're looking. But I have been helping folks between 275-350K in Western Wake and I haven't seen anything come up after 6 pm and be sold the next day before noon. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I repeat ...

are you getting IMMEDIATE updates from MLS? not once a day, and not only new Actives. Are you getting the No Showings/Coming Soon too?
Well I sent her one that was just listed Thur got there at noon hoping to see it and it was under contract. It was in Clayton garner area

Old 03-10-2018, 02:58 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinehurstcharlie View Post
Well I sent her one that was just listed Thur got there at noon hoping to see it and it was under contract. It was in Clayton garner area
I know you probably don't want to hear this but this probably isn't the healthiest time to purchase a home. Personally I would be renting right now if I was moving and didn't already own. Those sort of stories scream warning signs to me.

Old 03-10-2018, 04:11 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,727,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
I know you probably don't want to hear this but this probably isn't the healthiest time to purchase a home. Personally I would be renting right now if I was moving and didn't already own. Those sort of stories scream warning signs to me.
I don't see it changing anytime soon however.

Old 03-10-2018, 04:51 PM

2,844 posts, read 2,977,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
I don't see it changing anytime soon however.
Not saying your wrong just saying they DID say that in 07

Old 03-10-2018, 05:04 PM

4,554 posts, read 3,752,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
You know they've been saying that for like 9 years now. There's no end in sight, and all those who weight the prices keep rising and miss out. Not to mention the interest rates keep rising slightly also.

Everyone keeps saying this is a bubble and it will "bust" soon, but it's not happening. Buy now.

Old 03-10-2018, 05:05 PM

9,360 posts, read 14,107,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana123 View Post
Another thing to think about - what issues would actually make you walk away from the house? We weren’t walking away unless it was 40k of foundation repairs or something equally costly so putting down more DD money wasn’t a big deal. The house was renovated and in the perfect location with the perfect lot for our family so we were fine with the risk. But if you’d walk over 5k it may be different. Just food for thought on ways to make your offer more competitive.
DD is not refundable even if you later discover there is a 40K foundation repair needed.

Old 03-10-2018, 05:23 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
You know they've been saying that for like 9 years now. There's no end in sight, and all those who weight the prices keep rising and miss out. Not to mention the interest rates keep rising slightly also.

Everyone keeps saying this is a bubble and it will "bust" soon, but it's not happening. Buy now.
I don't know anyone who said we were in a housing bubble nine years ago in 2009. I mean, it was kinda the opposite. Especially through 2012-ish.

2014 the needle started to move a bit. Prices and lack of supply really took off maybe two years ago.

Nine? Honestly I think you may not be remembering what 2009 was like. It was pretty rough back then.

But, as the saying goes "being early is the same as being wrong". So, yeah.

I'm more concerned about the lack of supply. Looking around there isn't a ton to choose from and it's only going to get worse as rates go up and those selling their lower end homes to move up are reduced. This means people will end up paying more for less desirable homes...a recipe for disaster when it comes time to sell in x years.

Last edited by wheelsup; 03-10-2018 at 05:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary