Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2018, 12:11 AM

29 posts, read 18,330 times

Advertisements

I would like to know if the year ling schools apply to public or private ?

I would be interested in this. Do the kids graduate earlier? I’m looking into the Apex area for renting for a year.

Also how is the Woods charter school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 05:11 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,476,396 times
Public has year-round with mini-vacations several times a year (track system) in some schools. Others are traditional with summer vacations.

Old 03-11-2018, 05:47 AM

9,767 posts, read 15,739,138 times
Woods Charter School has a very good reputation and is almost impossible to get into outside of kindergarten and even for kindergarten you have to be very lucky. One friend was something like in the three hundreds on the waitlist for kindergarten when she applied. Another friend who managed to get her oldest kid into Woods at a high grade (when it's not as popular to transfer in) was never even able to get her younger kids into the school. Even with sibling priority they were on the waitlist and it didn't open up for them. In other words, it doesn't hurt to apply, but don't count on getting in.

Old 03-11-2018, 07:56 AM

22,651 posts, read 36,657,128 times
Regular high schools in Wake County are all on the traditional school calendar and they all graduate in June. I say "regular" high schools because there are a few non-traditional high schools that have a specific focus that may have a different calendar. You can look on the wcpss website.

Private schools make their own calendars but I'm not aware of any year round private schools. The few private schools whose calendars I am familiar with start and end earlier than Wake County public schools (start mid August, end at the end of May or so).

Old 03-11-2018, 08:29 AM

1,734 posts, read 2,563,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyma23 View Post
I would like to know if the year ling schools apply to public or private ?

I would be interested in this. Do the kids graduate earlier? I’m looking into the Apex area for renting for a year.

Also how is the Woods charter school?

The children in year long schools go the same amount of time in a year as traditional schools.
The year is just broken up differently.

Old 03-11-2018, 10:55 AM

29 posts, read 18,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Woods Charter School has a very good reputation and is almost impossible to get into outside of kindergarten and even for kindergarten you have to be very lucky. One friend was something like in the three hundreds on the waitlist for kindergarten when she applied. Another friend who managed to get her oldest kid into Woods at a high grade (when it's not as popular to transfer in) was never even able to get her younger kids into the school. Even with sibling priority they were on the waitlist and it didn't open up for them. In other words, it doesn't hurt to apply, but don't count on getting in.
Ok thank you I can imagine !! Very true it doesn’t hurt to try. I do have my oldest going into 6th. And my second youngest going into K.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:10 AM

635 posts, read 1,614,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyma23 View Post
Ok thank you I can imagine !! Very true it doesn’t hurt to try. I do have my oldest going into 6th. And my second youngest going into K.
Lottery has already passed for this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: