Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 06:01 PM

15 posts, read 14,347 times

Advertisements

Yah, that house went so quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 11:39 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,594,863 times
I wonder if it went quickly because it was Wardson and not at a bad price. There is a Wardson that was just listed in my neighborhood for $850,000. It will be interesting to see if they can sell it and at what price.

Old 03-15-2018, 01:19 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
I wonder if it went quickly because it was Wardson and not at a bad price. There is a Wardson that was just listed in my neighborhood for $850,000. It will be interesting to see if they can sell it and at what price.
Hey! There's one that just listed in mine, too. For less than the one in yours and more than the CP house.

I wonder if OP wants to be your neighbor? Or mine?

Old 03-15-2018, 01:20 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howevereasy View Post
Yah, that house went so quickly.
It was pretty when it was new, but unless you enjoy tollway noise, it probably would not have been great for you.

Old 03-15-2018, 05:01 PM

15 posts, read 14,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Hey! There's one that just listed in mine, too. For less than the one in yours and more than the CP house.

I wonder if OP wants to be your neighbor? Or mine?

which houses are these. can you guys help me before these both are gone also?

Thank you

Old 03-24-2018, 11:42 PM

51 posts, read 42,649 times
The two homes at the dead end part of Mercer Grant were both built by Hayes Barton Homes. They originally were listed for $569,000 and $579,000. They both took more than a year to sell as their backyards face Carpenter Fire. In addition, the berm was not permitted to be higher due to Duke Energy restrictions.

Both are now sold, each for around $500,000 to $510,000 each. The builder also built my home in the same neighborhood and I can vouch for the quality and customer service his company provides. During this year's Parade of Homes the company also won silver and bronze awards for homes they built in Apex.

As for the neighborhood location, the lot the OP was referencing originally was actually one of the better ones, as most of the homes on this side of CP are quieter from a road and toll road noise. I did a lot of research when deciding on the neighborhood and determined it was one of the better value propositions as compared to others nearby. I couldn't find a new custom home in the entire 27519 area that was less than $600,000, had low HOA costs, had a playground, had a pool, and easy access to 55 / 540.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:33 AM

117 posts, read 140,466 times
We bought in Cameron Pond several years ago and love it here.

The great thing about CP (Yes, this is kind of glass-half-full stuff) but there is something for everyone. Meaning, some people care about the 540 noise and some don't. If you care, you can be on the Mercer Grant/Buxton Grant/Parkman Grant side of the neighborhood and literally not hear it. Those homes sell at normal market value.

If you don't care as much (and plenty of our friends who live over there don't) on streets like Magalloway and the bottom half of Beacon Falls and Montville, you can get a hell of a house for a significant discount.

Some people care more about having 4000 square feet, a basement, and enough bedrooms for large families. Some people care about quiet from their back porch. Both things exist here.

When I compare what the custom homes in Cameron Pond cost to the homes in Bellewood, it's crazy that there is such a premium at Bellewood. Bellewood sells at or above Copperleaf pricing in some cases, which is absurd - Copperleaf is so much nicer.

Give me a choice between 700k for 4000 square feet in Cameron Pond on Buxton Grant or 800k for 4000 square feet in Bellewood on Green Hope School, and to me that's a no brainer.

Anyway, we love Cameron Pond, I think it's one of the best values in West Cary for its price range.

Old 09-01-2018, 05:04 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,760,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmizzo View Post
We bought in Cameron Pond several years ago and love it here.

The great thing about CP (Yes, this is kind of glass-half-full stuff) but there is something for everyone. Meaning, some people care about the 540 noise and some don't. If you care, you can be on the Mercer Grant/Buxton Grant/Parkman Grant side of the neighborhood and literally not hear it. Those homes sell at normal market value.

If you don't care as much (and plenty of our friends who live over there don't) on streets like Magalloway and the bottom half of Beacon Falls and Montville, you can get a hell of a house for a significant discount.

Some people care more about having 4000 square feet, a basement, and enough bedrooms for large families. Some people care about quiet from their back porch. Both things exist here.

When I compare what the custom homes in Cameron Pond cost to the homes in Bellewood, it's crazy that there is such a premium at Bellewood. Bellewood sells at or above Copperleaf pricing in some cases, which is absurd - Copperleaf is so much nicer.

Give me a choice between 700k for 4000 square feet in Cameron Pond on Buxton Grant or 800k for 4000 square feet in Bellewood on Green Hope School, and to me that's a no brainer.

Anyway, we love Cameron Pond, I think it's one of the best values in West Cary for its price range.
How do you feel about the elementary and middle school reassignments from the Mills Park schools?

Old 09-01-2018, 08:38 PM

117 posts, read 140,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
How do you feel about the elementary and middle school reassignments from the Mills Park schools?
Not happy with it, but it's kind of par for the course with West Cary these days - we aren't the only neighborhood affected by redistricting. Nothing is final yet and we're hoping to prevail.

I'm sure Carpenter/Alston Ridge are fine, but the greenway/walk was something we were really looking forward to having.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:56 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,760,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmizzo View Post
Not happy with it, but it's kind of par for the course with West Cary these days - we aren't the only neighborhood affected by redistricting. Nothing is final yet and we're hoping to prevail.

I'm sure Carpenter/Alston Ridge are fine, but the greenway/walk was something we were really looking forward to having.
Would have made more sense to assign you to ARE/ARMS at the very least.

My neighborhood's calendar option is Carpenter, some of my neighbors have used it instead of Davis Drive Elementary and been happy with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary