Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 06:45 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,092,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
When random local agents send a card to me, I call them and ask if they need a home inspector. Some have actually gotten irritated that I called. Wow, sending me mail and when I market back it’s a bad thing!
LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFlCD5CYAcU

Quote:
Same goes for the mortgage guy who Sly Dials (it leaves a call that goes straight to voicemail) I assume everyone in the Triangle MLS. I called asking if they needed someone to recommend. They did text back and say they would take me off the list though and haven’t called back, so I’ll give them that.

Now the mortgage guy who SLYdials? Trashy business practice. (Who wants to be known as "Sly," unless your first name is "Sylvester?")
I left him a VM and asked him if he wanted to fix that, or if he needed me to help him.
It was not left in a warm tone...
He made the wise choice and fixed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 09:55 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
if you're receiving any type of direct mail from agents, it's because we need more houses for clients, known and hoped for.

if it's from "We Buy Houses", "OpenDoor", etc then it's just a general fishing expedition.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:53 AM

267 posts, read 598,635 times
What I do is call them up and set up a appointment. When they get to my door, I tell them to their face to stop sending this nonsense. And have a good day.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:58 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
Quote:
When random local agents send a card to me, I call them and ask if they need a home inspector. Some have actually gotten irritated that I called. Wow, sending me mail and when I market back it’s a bad thing! Same goes for the mortgage guy who Sly Dials (it leaves a call that goes straight to voicemail) I assume everyone in the Triangle MLS. I called asking if they needed someone to recommend. They did text back and say they would take me off the list though and haven’t called back, so I’ll give them that.
Sounds like a great plan to me!

The Agents that usually send out the postcards, etc. are new agents. I'm surprised they wouldn't be happy to have a name to add to their list of home inspectors! Especially now that our "regulars" are so busy that we are having to wait for inspections! Maybe they are too new to even know!!!

Old 03-29-2018, 12:05 PM

1,541 posts, read 1,676,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAndyHolbrook View Post
What I do is call them up and set up a appointment. When they get to my door, I tell them to their face to stop sending this nonsense. And have a good day.
Now that's gangster lol.

Old 03-29-2018, 02:08 PM

569 posts, read 440,162 times
I lived in a neighborhood where things were selling super quick. Any agent who gets a listing is guaranteed a quick sale there so we commonly received postcards in the mail. I think they target neighborhoods like that where homes are going fast. I did not find the cards I was getting to be from new agents so much. Mine were from realtors who had already had listings in my neighborhood (I saw them listed on the signs) and the postcards would often specify their last couple sales in my neighborhood and how quickly they went under contract.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:33 AM

4,551 posts, read 3,750,269 times
I just got a voicemail from a 919 number asking if I want to sell my house in the near future. Sounds like a realtor I'm assuming? How did they get my phone number? I have neither mentioned the words sell my house to anybody nor put up any signs/ads. So the housing inventory really is low that they have to randomly call people? What about new construction, just tell buyers to get that.

I already get too many calls from robots and scammers so I don't pick up the phone for numbers I don't recognize - I actually wish I got postcards instead!

Old 03-30-2018, 11:21 AM

5,139 posts, read 8,847,756 times
These people scope out neighborhoods hoping to find people who aren’t really in the market right now but think they can talk you into selling. Your phone number is easily for sale. A friend of mine in CA gets calls all the time...Anywhere there is a hot housing market and a shortage of homes.

Old 04-01-2018, 08:43 AM

609 posts, read 505,796 times
Lots of people are moving their money into real estate and our market is one of the hottest in the country. There is so much money out there, people want to park it in good real estate investments. The triangle happens to be one of the most attractive markets. People could also be speculating, what would happen to house prices, if Amazon HQ2 arrives here ...

Old 04-01-2018, 08:47 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriInCary View Post
Lots of people are moving their money into real estate and our market is one of the hottest in the country. There is so much money out there, people want to park it in good real estate investments. The triangle happens to be one of the most attractive markets. People could also be speculating, what would happen to house prices, if Amazon HQ2 arrives here ...
Excellent points.

When people believe they have found a better place for their money, they will put it elsewhere.
This is what buyers are competing with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary