U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2008, 09:15 PM
VSB VSB started this thread

167 posts, read 768,647 times

Advertisements

On average, once a house has sold, how rapidly:

1. Is it removed from the MLS?

2. Is the transaction added to Wake County's real estate data website?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 09:20 PM

40,159 posts, read 69,470,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSB View Post

1. It is removed from the MLS in 10 years. Really. But I think your question is: How soon is it changed to "Closed" status. Within 2 days of closing.

2. That varies. And the different data entries vary for each transaction. It seems a little ragged to me.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:24 PM
VSB VSB started this thread

167 posts, read 768,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
1. But I think your question is: How soon is it changed to "Closed" status. Within 2 days of closing.
Yes, I suppose that is essentially my question. Though as a potential buyer, I'm not aware of any access I have to "closed" listings. The listings just disappear from the search . . .

Old 03-25-2008, 09:30 PM

40,159 posts, read 69,470,669 times
Quote:
Yes, I suppose that is essentially my question. Though as a potential buyer, I'm not aware of any access I have to "closed" listings. The listings just disappear from the search . . .
Right. You don't really have access unless a Realtor sets the search for you to show you status changes.
So you don't know if they "Expired," were "Withdrawn," or went "Pending."
Can you tell when the Active listings are under contract, but the sub-status says "Accepting Back-up Offers?"

Old 03-25-2008, 09:47 PM

93 posts, read 278,709 times
Quote:

MLS data stays for long time but the status is changed to closed and that data is used to do camperative analysis for the houses in that neighborhood.

The data is added to wake county once the deed is registered and the sold house was in wake county. Now when they update there files are little different and I don't have theexact time frame for that. It si public information and can be found on their website. It should be updtaed within 48 to 72 hours after you finished your paper work at the closing attorney's office.

I hope this was helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>